Stamp Trader List Anniversary ?

Old July 17th 03, 07:11 AM
Skotte

Default Stamp Trader List Anniversary ?

Hi All

The Stamp Trader List appeared for the first time on r.c.s. some time
in 1993 or 1994. The name of the its first custodian and inventor are
Nancy Rabel Hall.

Do anyone by chance know the date of The Stamp Trader Lists
first appearance on r.c.s.?

Do anyone by chance have the very first issue?

Best regards,
Hans Mortensen
Stamp Trader List Custodian

Old July 17th 03, 05:34 PM
Eric Bustad

Skotte wrote:
Hi All

The Stamp Trader List appeared for the first time on r.c.s. some time
in 1993 or 1994. The name of the its first custodian and inventor are
Nancy Rabel Hall.

Do anyone by chance know the date of The Stamp Trader Lists
first appearance on r.c.s.?

Do anyone by chance have the very first issue?

Best regards,
Hans Mortensen
Stamp Trader List Custodian

The Google newsgroup archive is sometime a pain to search, but I have
found a r.c.s FAQ posted on January 14, 1994 that mentions the STL as a
mailing list and also notes that r.c.s had been created on January 10th.
Then there is a posting of the STL on March 1st. This can be accessed
at
http://groups.google.com/groups?q=%2...ollecting.stam
ps.*+group:rec.collecting.stamps.*+group:rec.colle cting.stamps.*+group:rec.collecting.stamps.*+group :rec.collecting.stamps.*+group:rec.collecting.stam ps.*+group:rec.collecting.stamps.*+group:rec.colle cting.stamps.*+group:rec.collecting.stamps.*&start =420&hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&group=rec.collecting.stamps.*&scoring=d&selm=1MA R199409564757%40venus.lerc.nasa.gov&rnum=423&filte r=0.
It seems likely that this is the first appearance of the STL on r.c.s.

= Eric

Old July 17th 03, 05:44 PM
Tracy Barber

On Thu, 17 Jul 2003 09:34:41 -0700, Eric Bustad
wrote:

Skotte wrote:
[...]

Sounds like anniversaries are approaching...

Tracy Barber
Old July 17th 03, 06:57 PM
Eric Bustad

http://groups.google.com/groups?q=%2...c ollecting.s

tam

ps.*+group:rec.collecting.stamps.*+group:rec.colle cting.stamps.*+group:rec.collecting.stamps.*+group :rec.collecting.stamps.*+group:rec.collecting.stam ps.*+group:rec.collecting.stamps.*+group:rec.colle cting.stamps.*+group:rec.collecting.stamps.*&start =420&hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&group=rec.collecting.stamps.*&scoring=d&selm=1MA R199409564757%40venus.lerc.nasa.gov&rnum=423&filte r=0.

It seems likely that this is the first appearance of the STL on r.c.s.

= Eric

Here is a much shorter version of that URL:
http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=e...lerc.nasa.gov:

= Eric

Old July 17th 03, 07:00 PM
Eric Bustad

Eric Bustad wrote:

http://groups.google.com/groups?q=%2...c.c ollecting.

tam

ps.*+group:rec.collecting.stamps.*+group:rec.colle cting.stamps.*+group:rec.collecting.stamps.*+group :rec.collecting.stamps.*+group:rec.collecting.stam ps.*+group:rec.collecting.stamps.*+group:rec.colle cting.stamps.*+group:rec.collecting.stamps.*&start =420&hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&group=rec.collecting.stamps.*&scoring=d&selm=1MA R199409564757%40venus.lerc.nasa.gov&rnum=423&filte r=0.

It seems likely that this is the first appearance of the STL on r.c.s.

= Eric

Here is a much shorter version of that URL:

Try
http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=1MAR199409564757%40venus.lerc.nasa.gov .
= Eric

Old July 18th 03, 09:43 AM
Rodney

| Yes and mayby allady passed, but we'll celebrate it at a proper date
| in the near future.

Perhaps request the SNA to release a memorial issue
for the occasion.

Old July 18th 03, 04:25 PM
A.M.Heindorff

Bill Martin wrote in message
As I remember it, the Stamp Traders List was started by one Phil Guptil
at about the time mentioned - - - 1994.

The name Phil Guptil is correct. I don't know the exact
year, since I only joined in 1998. At that time Phil was
still the custodian.

Mette

Bill Martin

Old July 18th 03, 06:42 PM
Eric Bustad

Yes, but back then r.c.s was a mailing list (does anyone remember the
name?) instead of a newsgroup.

= Eric