Montblanc Nib Sizes

Old December 16th 05, 05:43 AM posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils

Default Montblanc Nib Sizes

I just bought a Montblanc Meisterstuck LeGrand from "a guy, who knows a
guy". Please spare me the "I told you so's". I saved a good bit of monay.
And I did get a brand new Meisterstuck LeGrand out of the deal. However, I
requested a "fine" nib. The one that I got was (what I believe to be) a
medium nib with the markings "4810" and "585". Is there any way to tell
from the markings on the nib what size it is related to the sizes "medium",
"fine", and "extra fine"?

Any help/comments would be appreciated.

Thank you,

Cliff

--

__O
_-\,_

Old December 16th 05, 08:51 AM posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils

"Cliff Reynolds" wrote in message
I just bought a Montblanc Meisterstuck LeGrand from "a guy, who knows a
guy". Please spare me the "I told you so's". I saved a good bit of
monay.
And I did get a brand new Meisterstuck LeGrand out of the deal. However,
requested a "fine" nib. The one that I got was (what I believe to be) a
medium nib with the markings "4810" and "585". Is there any way to tell
from the markings on the nib what size it is related to the sizes
"medium",
"fine", and "extra fine"?

Any help/comments would be appreciated.

Thank you,

Cliff

All the MB's I have bought have had a sticker on the barrel of the pen
indicating the nib size. AFAIK there is no way to tell from the nib - my
LeGrand is fine and has the same markings, and I have a medium carbon/steel
with the same also. '4810' is the height of Mont Blanc, and I believe the
'585' is a reference to the metal the nib is made from.

Check out the MB web site - there is a nib/line thickness comparator there.

Are you sure it is a 'kosher' pen?

SalesGuy

Old December 16th 05, 04:30 PM posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils

On Fri, 16 Dec 2005 08:51:14 -0000, salesguy typed:

Are you sure it is a 'kosher' pen?

SalesGuy

You mean they circumcise Montblanc's now!

Seriously tho, counterfeits are coming with counterfeit labels, tags
and boxes now... Slaesman is correct, be careful!
--
Cordially,

S. Dasara
12/16/2005 11:29:26 AM
Old December 16th 05, 04:32 PM posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils

"Cliff Reynolds" writes:

I just bought a Montblanc Meisterstuck LeGrand from "a guy, who
knows a guy". Please spare me the "I told you so's". I saved a
good bit of monay. And I did get a brand new Meisterstuck LeGrand
out of the deal. However, I requested a "fine" nib. The one that I
got was (what I believe to be) a medium nib with the markings "4810"
and "585". Is there any way to tell from the markings on the nib
what size it is related to the sizes "medium", "fine", and "extra
fine"?

Those markings have nothing to do with whether the nib is a fine or
medium. 4810 is the height of Mont Blanc in meters, and 585 is
another way of saying "14K gold." Unless the box is marked or there
is a sticker on the pen, then the best way to tell is to write with
it. There is no actual standard for what denotes a fine, medium,
broad etc nib. My EF Pelikan M400 nib writes an almost identical line
as my M nib for the same pen.