1965 Canadian cent types.

Old January 30th 05, 07:53 AM
bri

Default 1965 Canadian cent types.

Does anyone know of a book or a website that has nice clear images of the 4
different types of '65 Canadian cents?
Stupid internet--I found some small pictures of the LB-P5 but some of the
pictures of the different types are identical to each other or I'm going
blind.
I have all of the different types in a tube but I want to sort them out
correctly and stick the keepers in flips.
I would hate to stick the worthless ones in flips ;-)

Old January 30th 05, 09:23 AM
Wayne Poulin

"bri" wrote in message
k.net...
Does anyone know of a book or a website that has nice clear images of the

4
different types of '65 Canadian cents?
Stupid internet--I found some small pictures of the LB-P5 but some of the
pictures of the different types are identical to each other or I'm going
blind.
I have all of the different types in a tube but I want to sort them out
correctly and stick the keepers in flips.
I would hate to stick the worthless ones in flips ;-)

The four varieties for the 1965 cent are well defined in the Charlton
Standard
Catalogue of Canadian coins.

HTH.

Wayne

Old January 30th 05, 01:25 PM
Steve Grant

"bri" wrote in message
k.net...
Does anyone know of a book or a website that has nice clear images of the

4
different types of '65 Canadian cents?
Stupid internet--I found some small pictures of the LB-P5 but some of the
pictures of the different types are identical to each other or I'm going
blind.
I have all of the different types in a tube but I want to sort them out
correctly and stick the keepers in flips.
I would hate to stick the worthless ones in flips ;-)

https://www.jandm.com

used to have some clear photos. Right now the site doesn't load for me,
though.

Old January 30th 05, 03:15 PM
Tony Clayton

In a recent message "Steve Grant" wrote:

"bri" wrote in message
k.net...
Does anyone know of a book or a website that has nice clear images of the

4
different types of '65 Canadian cents?
Stupid internet--I found some small pictures of the LB-P5 but some of the
pictures of the different types are identical to each other or I'm going
blind.
I have all of the different types in a tube but I want to sort them out
correctly and stick the keepers in flips.
I would hate to stick the worthless ones in flips ;-)

https://www.jandm.com

used to have some clear photos. Right now the site doesn't load for me,
though.

Agreed. It redirects to an non-functional secure server,
and tells you so in pale grey on a white background!!!!

--
Tony Clayton or
Coins of the UK :
Old January 30th 05, 04:53 PM
bri

"Tony Clayton" wrote in message
In a recent message "Steve Grant" wrote:

"bri" wrote in message
k.net...
[...]

I already went to that site last night--it was working then. No pics of
those that I could find, but I did find some nicer pictures on E-Bay in the
items ended section this morning.
Out of the 15 65's I've saved over the years I have 2 sb/p5's and 1 lb/p5.
The lb/p5 just so happens to be the nicest one-bonus! The differences are
really subtle and when you have some wear on them it gets really tough. I
knew I should have not mixed them all together to begin with because I
already had these sorted out years ago.
I think I was looking around the internet for about 3 hours on this
one--SHEESH!
My advice to anyone who wants any of these is to only buy these online from
reputible dealers or in a slab because there are some people who are selling
some of these and they got the type wrong--or they posted the wrong picture.
That really threw me for a loop.

Old January 30th 05, 11:36 PM
bri

"Paul" wrote in message
I posted the pertinent pages in Charlton on apbn.

Paul

That's what I was looking for. Thanks a lot ;-)
You just can't beat having a good book like that.

k.net...

Old January 30th 05, 11:53 PM
John Patrick

Paul wrote:
I posted the pertinent pages in Charlton on apbn.

Never propagated to here. How big was the file?

John
'wanted to learn something'

Old January 31st 05, 02:04 AM
Andy

On Sun, 30 Jan 2005 04:23:05 -0500, Wayne Poulin wrote:

"bri" wrote in message
k.net...
Does anyone know of a book or a website that has nice clear images of
the

4
different types of '65 Canadian cents? Stupid internet--I found some
small pictures of the LB-P5 but some of the pictures of the different
types are identical to each other or I'm going blind. I have all of the
different types in a tube but I want to sort them out correctly and
stick the keepers in flips. I would hate to stick the worthless ones in
flips ;-)

The four varieties for the 1965 cent are well defined in the Charlton
Standard
Catalogue of Canadian coins.

HTH.

Wayne