Peru Says Spain Stole their Gold

Old February 27th 12, 12:33 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Tony Clayton[_2_]

Default Peru Says Spain Stole their Gold

On 25/02/2012 19:23, beekeep wrote:
On Sat, 25 Feb 2012 11:37:23 -0500, Frank Galikanokus
wrote:

Edwin Johnston wrote:
On 2/25/2012 8:44 AM, Jud wrote:
On Feb 24, 12:30 pm, Frank
wrote:

Does anyone know if the salvage company will be compensated for recovering the Peruvian
gold and silver?

JAM
If they aren't compensated, I would just dump it all back into the
ocean where they found it, and not say where it was. After all, fair
is fair!G

A US federal judge would think otherwise.

Spanish officials have no intention of compensating the people that
provided them this gold and silver.

So Spain continues to rob the Americas of their wealth. Just like they
have for 500 years.

JAM

Spain only got what they could sneak past the British pirates that lay
in wait along the Gulf Stream as they came up the coast of North
America to catch the trade winds back home.

beekeep

Privateers, not Pirates. The difference is that the former were
licensed by their government. The US had privateers also.

(Standing by waiting to duck)
Old February 27th 12, 01:51 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Bremick

"beekeep" wrote in message
On Sun, 26 Feb 2012 21:48:44 -0500, "Bremick" wrote:

"Frank Galikanokus" wrote in message
beekeep wrote:

On Sat, 25 Feb 2012 17:08:19 -0500, Frank Galikanokus
wrote:

beekeep wrote:

So Spain continues to rob the Americas of their wealth. Just like
they
have for 500 years.

JAM

Spain only got what they could sneak past the British pirates that
lay
in wait along the Gulf Stream as they came up the coast of North
America to catch the trade winds back home.

beekeep

Spain only got what they could steal from the people murdered without
remorse.

I guess it was OK since they did this for the glory of god and king.

JAM

That's the primary reason why we have IN GOD WE TRUST on all of our
money. Its a constant brain washing of Christians that it is ok to
break the first comandment if one is doing it for their country.
After all we are probably the most waring nation on the planet.

beekeep

Are military budget is six time the next big spender, China.

We spend almost as much as the rest of the world combined.

JAM

The saddest part is that with all our expensive might and technology we
still allow ourselves to get bogged down in protracted conflicts in third
world countries, carefully pulling our punches, while at home the Pentagon
debates when and how to update our ICBM's, SSBN's, tactical nuclear
weapons,
etc. Otherwise, we HAVE to be big defense spenders, considering what the
world keeps expecting of us.

Perhaps it's due to the free samples we have dumped on counties like
Laos & Cambodia. Or the two BIG ones we dropped on Japan. One was
justified but two is unforgivable. We have the repution as the only
country to ever use the A bomb.

beekeep

With the desired results at the time. Too many procrastinators in Congress
today to expect that we would ever dispense a nuclear warhead in anger
again. Hard to imagine what it would take, short of a response to a nuclear
strike from another country. Even then, wouldn't one SSBN's-worth be enough
in retaliation? Think of the money savings.

Old February 28th 12, 03:18 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
beekeep

On Mon, 27 Feb 2012 12:33:25 +0000, Tony Clayton
wrote:

On 25/02/2012 19:23, beekeep wrote:
On Sat, 25 Feb 2012 11:37:23 -0500, Frank Galikanokus
wrote:

Edwin Johnston wrote:
On 2/25/2012 8:44 AM, Jud wrote:
On Feb 24, 12:30 pm, Frank
wrote:

[...]

IIRC my history England provided their ships as well.

beekeep

Old February 28th 12, 03:40 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
beekeep

wrote:

beekeep wrote:

[...]

I wouldn't put it past them to do it again. All the stuff they have
done durring my lifetime from Vietnam on has made me embarrassed to be
an American. Bin Laden attacked us and he got what he deserved yet he
still won the war. We citizens have been furter disarmed and we lost
many civil rights granted to us under our Constituion. Our economy
has been in the toilet ever since and will take many many years to
recover. We stand by like lambs to slaughter and let it happen. I
would love to live long enough to see the revolution. I may have seen
the beginning. My great great grand children will probably read about
the great American Patriot Tim McVey.

beekeep

Old February 28th 12, 04:09 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Bremick

wrote:

beekeep wrote:

[...]

We certainly differ here. As the opinion of one who has lived through WW
II, McVey already has and may well continue to cost lives by his selfish
actions, not to mention a number of diplomatic setbacks. Hopefully,
assuming we are technically at war, he will be afforded the treatment that
wartime traitors traditionally receive. I would gladly pull the trigger.
Sadly, most military personnel with access to sensitive materials are not
subject to being polygraphed. Patriot, my a___.

Old February 28th 12, 06:14 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
oly

wrote:

beekeep wrote:

[...]

beekeep- Hide quoted text -

Some women allowed you to impregnate her??? You both must have been
drunk, or she's just hosing you for the support of other mens'
children.

oly
Old February 28th 12, 09:04 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Ken Barr

In article , "Bremick"
wrote:

"beekeep" wrote in message

[snip]
the beginning. My great great grand children will probably read about
the great American Patriot Tim McVey.

We certainly differ here. As the opinion of one who has lived through WW
II, McVey already has and may well continue to cost lives by his selfish
actions, not to mention a number of diplomatic setbacks. Hopefully,
assuming we are technically at war, he will be afforded the treatment that
wartime traitors traditionally receive. I would gladly pull the trigger.
Sadly, most military personnel with access to sensitive materials are not
subject to being polygraphed. Patriot, my a___.

Time out ... I think there are some crossed wirez here ...

Timothy McVeigh was the Oklahoma City (Murrah Federal Building) bomber,
and was executed by lethal injection in 2001 for his crimes.

Private Bradley Manning is the alleged Wikileaks source facing
court-martial for releasing secret information and aiding the enemy.
Prosecutors have stated that they will not ask for the death penalty if
he is convicted.

Neither is a patriot in my eyes, but they are different people ...

--
Ken Barr Numismatics * * * *email:
P. O. Box 32541 * * * * * * website: *http://www.kenbarr.com
Old February 28th 12, 01:58 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Bremick

"Ken Barr" wrote in message
In article , "Bremick"
wrote:

"beekeep" wrote in message

[snip]
[...]

Thanks again, Ken. My fingers and emotions got in the way of my eyes
again. Sometimes I just don't understand all I know about things. Now
Google probably will store, catalog, and redistribute my mistake forever and
my reputation, credit rating, and stock portfolio will probably be at risk.
FWIW, my opinion of Manning remains the same however.

Old March 2nd 12, 06:38 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Jerry Dennis[_2_]

On Feb 29, 6:48*am, (beekeep) wrote, in part:

As coin collectors we are historians as well. *The two go hand in
hand. *I believe the problem started in 1965 when silver was removed
from our coins.

beekeep- Hide quoted text -

It's a little late (Google was messing up my ability to post), but I
would disagree on your point above. I believe the problem started in
1933 when the U.S. was taken off the gold standard by FDR. Everything
went downhill after that.

Jerry

Who Stole the Gold? Kaloocan Kid Coins 8 July 2nd 09 12:52 PM
Two men charged in Gregg Allman burglary - Burglars stole silver dollar collection, two safes of gold coins and more Arizona Coin Collector Coins 1 January 9th 09 07:56 PM
PERU: Anyone else here collect gold libras? Bob Hairgrove Coins 0 February 2nd 07 11:05 PM
Police seek suspect who stole gold coins from antique mall stonej Coins 0 August 24th 05 10:42 AM
FS: PERU GOLD TYPE SET BU MAX SCHWARTZ Coins 1 April 26th 05 07:32 PM