FA: SLQs -- Rainbow toning?

Old November 5th 03, 12:18 AM
TomC

Default FA: SLQs -- Rainbow toning?

Here's a picture of one of 11 SLQs I have up for auction -- all uncleaned.
I'm advertising it
as having natural rainbow toning, but thought I'd double check here to see
if you all agree that the toning on this can be accurately described as
rainbow. I seem to recall some controversy expressed as to exactly what
coloring can be called rainbow. Thanks.

Old November 5th 03, 12:32 AM
Reid Goldsborough

On Wed, 05 Nov 2003 00:18:24 GMT, "TomC" wrote:

Here's a picture of one of 11 SLQs I have up for auction -- all uncleaned.
I'm advertising it
as having natural rainbow toning, but thought I'd double check here to see
if you all agree that the toning on this can be accurately described as
rainbow. I seem to recall some controversy expressed as to exactly what
coloring can be called rainbow. Thanks.

Looks more like peripheral toning to me, sometimes called album
toning. The toning on your coin, the combination of the russet at the
periphery, the blue in the fields, and the neutral gray of the
highpoints, is attractive, no matter what you call it.

--

Email: (delete "remove this")

Coin Collecting: Consumer Guide:
http://rg.ancients.info/guide
Glomming: Coin Connoisseurship: http://rg.ancients.info/glom
Bogos: Counterfeit Coins: http://rg.ancients.info/bogos
Old November 5th 03, 02:08 AM
michael @ worldwidecoins

"TomC" wrote in message
. ..
Here's a picture of one of 11 SLQs I have up for auction -- all uncleaned.
I'm advertising it
as having natural rainbow toning, but thought I'd double check here to see
if you all agree that the toning on this can be accurately described as
rainbow. I seem to recall some controversy expressed as to exactly what
coloring can be called rainbow. Thanks.

How did you get two lines in your title

1919 SLQ - VF-XF - Uncleaned, 100% Original
Nice original RAINBOW coloring

yours

--
michael @ www.worldwidecoins.co.uk
main site www.numismatic.biz

Old November 5th 03, 02:41 AM
MorganCoin1

"TomC" wrote in message
Here's a picture of one of 11 SLQs I have up for auction -- all uncleaned.
I'm advertising it
as having natural rainbow toning, but thought I'd double check here to see
if you all agree that the toning on this can be accurately described as
rainbow. I seem to recall some controversy expressed as to exactly what
coloring can be called rainbow. Thanks.

How did you get two lines in your title

1919 SLQ - VF-XF - Uncleaned, 100% Original
Nice original RAINBOW coloring

yours

--
michael

It is a subtitle. Costs fifty cents here in the US. Note: It is not searchable
in titles, so its usefulness is undermined, IMHO...

--

-Sam

FA: SLQs -- Question - Rainbow toning? TomC Coins 5 November 6th 03 09:33 PM
Artificial Toning? Mat Coins 8 October 15th 03 06:46 PM
Removing Toning From A Previously Cleaned Coin Larry Louks Coins 7 September 29th 03 02:01 AM
Coin returns and a question about toning Bill Krummel Coins 28 July 11th 03 02:09 AM
Rainbow Toning -- WOW! Ian Coins 1 July 9th 03 11:22 AM