waterman turquoise

Old April 12th 07, 10:41 PM posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Moira Perkins

Default waterman turquoise

"BL" wrote in message
snip
I use MB Blue-Black in my free flowing vintage pens from the early 1900s
through about 1930. It's my favorite ink for those pens. It works great
(slows the flow, doesn't bleed through paper or feather, looks great,
durable). And Montblanc is honest about the ink... The package insert
clearly states that the ink contains solids (iron) and that pens filled
with the ink should be rinsed often. I don't use it in every pen because
it's a slow flowing ink. I wouldn't let it dry inside a pen because it'll
clog the feed (feeds can be unclogged). Other than it's potential to clog
if left inside the pen too long, it's not going to hurt anything. Most
inks, and all blue-blacks, were made this way back in the heyday of
fountain pens. I'd use MB Blue-Black in a vintage Pelikan or MB, but I
would *not* use some of the newer heavily dye-concentrated inks in one. --

It's good that they make it clear. I'll be happy to use it then, and
rinse carefully.

Hmm - "slow flowing" ink though? Now that gives me an idea...

I've got one of those older rolled-gold Cross pens. It looks and feels
like a fabulous pen, but it's almost unusable, because of its excessive
flow. (Most of my flow problems have been exactly the opposite).

[Crunch. Crump. Thud...]
(Had to search out Cross converter, non-standard I think? Narrow,
green-tinted type).

Well, wow: that's simply amazing! It's writing nearly black with it
(rather than the ethereal grey any other pen would), but not performing
an emergency ink dump. I'll take this thing to work tomorrow (in a
sandwich bag) for a field test.

--
Moira

Old April 14th 07, 03:55 AM posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
BL

"Moira Perkins" wrote:

Well, wow: that's simply amazing! It's writing
nearly black with it (rather than the ethereal
grey any other pen would), but not performing
an emergency ink dump. I'll take this thing to
work tomorrow (in a sandwich bag) for a field
test.

Moira... How did it work? -- B

Old April 14th 07, 09:58 PM posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Moira Perkins

"BL" wrote in message
"Moira Perkins" wrote:

Well, wow: that's simply amazing! It's writing
nearly black with it (rather than the ethereal
grey any other pen would), but not performing
an emergency ink dump. I'll take this thing to
work tomorrow (in a sandwich bag) for a field
test.

Moira... How did it work? -- B

Hi B,

It didn't blob or make a mess. In fact it seemed to
have dried up too much, overnight. . It was working
after a fashion, but skipping like a new pen.

Although I was a bit irritated with this, I realised that it
means it isn't an incorrigibly wet pen, just one that's
unusually sensitive to inks.

I flushed it out when I got back and filled it with Noodler's
blue, which I consider a bit dry, but not radically so. This
seems to be working fine so far... it's putting down a
dense line, but behaving itself.

I've had this one for years, and often thought how good
it would be, if it could only *write*. I can't believe I've
finally got this "pen delinquent" sorted out!

Thanks for the ideas!

--
Moira