Boycott the new gold dollar coins

Old November 24th 07, 06:32 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins,alt.politics.republicans,alt.religion.christian.roman-catholic,us.politics,alt.politics.homosexuality
Defendario

Default Boycott the new gold dollar coins

Sanders Kaufman wrote:
"Starkiller©" wrote in message

These coins
will feature larger, more dramatic artwork, as well as edge-incused
inscriptions of the year of minting or issuance, "E Pluribus Unum,"
"In God We Trust" and the mint mark.

It's a very apt symbolic placement.
As the dollar shrinks, the first thing Americans get rid of are their duty
to god, and their duty to each other.
All that remains is a graven image of a flawed man.

Keen observation. Kudos

Old November 24th 07, 06:53 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins,alt.politics.republicans,alt.religion.christian.roman-catholic,us.politics,alt.politics.homosexuality
A.E. Gelat

Why bother? Just ignore it.

Tony

"Scruffy McScruffovitch" wrote in message
. net...

"Starman" wrote in message
k...
only morons belive there's a God, thats why they removed it

They didn't remove it though. There was an unknown number of them struck
without the edge inscriptions that were originally intended to be there.
The inscription will read "In God We Trust" and "E Pluribus Unum"
According to the U.S. Mint, it was a goof, and will be corrected. I'm
glad they are putting the inscription on the edge, it makes it easier for
me to grind it off as a violation of my freedom of religion.

Old November 24th 07, 06:54 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins,alt.politics.republicans,alt.religion.christian.roman-catholic,us.politics,alt.politics.homosexuality
Sanders Kaufman

"A.E. Gelat" wrote in message
Why bother? Just ignore it.

Ignoring religious zealotry is a foolish thing, indeed.

--
If 9/11 taught us nothing else, it's that religious zealots are *everyone*'s
mortal enemy.

Old November 24th 07, 07:55 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins,alt.politics.republicans,alt.religion.christian.roman-catholic,alt.atheism,alt.politics.homosexuality
Scruffy McScruffovitch

"Starkiller©" wrote in message
On Sat, 24 Nov 2007 10:13:02 -0500, "Scruffy McScruffovitch"
wrote:

"Starkiller©" wrote in message
. ..
On Sat, 24 Nov 2007 04:38:21 -0800 (PST), "ªºªandcarole(R)(tm)"
wrote:

On Nov 24, 7:30?am, "Scruffy McScruffovitch"
wrote:
"Starman" wrote in message

k...

only morons belive there's a God, thats why they removed it

They didn't remove it though. ?There was an unknown number of them
struck
without the edge inscriptions that were originally intended to be
there.
The inscription will read "In God We Trust" and "E Pluribus Unum"
According to the U.S. Mint, it was a goof, and will be corrected. ?
I'm
glad
they are putting the inscription on the edge, it makes it easier for
me
grind it off as a violation of my freedom of religion.

Defacing US currency is illegal. Do all of
you heathen atheists advocate breaking
the law?

Anyone who believes that simply touching something that says "in God
we trust" on it is somehow going to infect them with religion is a
freaking idiot.

You both need to read the Constitution. Carefully. It's not a matter of
being "infected", the government has no right to force religion OF ANY
FORM
into my life.

Constitutional law trumps all other law.

And just what religion exactly is being forced down your throat by

Any one or all that worship a God. IN ANY FORM.

Old November 24th 07, 08:40 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins,alt.politics.republicans,alt.religion.christian.roman-catholic,alt.atheism,alt.politics.homosexuality
Slime Lowlife

In article , Free Lunch
wrote:

On Sat, 24 Nov 2007 09:09:12 -0600, in alt.atheism
Starkiller© wrote in
:

This is the USA, they should change it to something more honest, like
"one dollar, the god we trust"

But since we like to have lots of dollars, will that make us
polytheists?
Old November 24th 07, 08:50 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins,alt.politics.republicans,alt.religion.christian.roman-catholic,alt.atheism,alt.politics.homosexuality
Free Lunch

On Sat, 24 Nov 2007 14:40:08 -0600, in alt.atheism
Slime Lowlife wrote in :
In article , Free Lunch
wrote:

On Sat, 24 Nov 2007 09:09:12 -0600, in alt.atheism
Starkiller© wrote in
:

This is the USA, they should change it to something more honest, like
"one dollar, the god we trust"

But since we like to have lots of dollars, will that make us
polytheists?

The more the merrier -- particularly during the December Potlach, going
on at a maul near you.
Old November 24th 07, 08:56 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins,alt.politics.republicans,alt.religion.christian.roman-catholic,alt.atheism,alt.politics.homosexuality
Sanders Kaufman

"Slime Lowlife" wrote in message
In article , Free Lunch

This is the USA, they should change it to something more honest, like
"one dollar, the god we trust"

But since we like to have lots of dollars, will that make us
polytheists?

In a Newtonian universe, yes.
But in the *christian* world the math works more like:
1 father + 1 son + 1 holy ghost = 1 guy
It's a world of grandbrothers, step-wives, and mobius familiy trees.

Fortunately, God has blessed them with hemophelia and other genetic
degradations - so they're a problem that, given time, will solve itself.

--
If 9/11 taught us nothing else, it's that religious extremists are
*everybody's* mortal enemy.

Old November 24th 07, 09:05 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins,alt.politics.republicans,alt.religion.christian.roman-catholic,alt.atheism,alt.politics.homosexuality
Sanders Kaufman

"zeek" wrote in message

I'm thinking of petitioning the US Government to place "In Maker We
Trust" which is the Cherokee God, aka Nature. I'm glad they didn't put
IGWT on the BN, it would have made the coin so phony.

Since that's still too sectarian, I move that the word "Maker" be replaced
with something
less divisive... such as "[redacted]".
It should be pressed into every coin of the land as:
"In [redacted] we trust."

Old November 24th 07, 10:54 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins,alt.politics.republicans,alt.religion.christian.roman-catholic,alt.atheism,alt.politics.homosexuality
655321

In article ,
Slime Lowlife wrote:

But since we like to have lots of dollars, will that make us
polytheists?

It's the trillion-person god named Mammon.

--
655321
"We are heroes in error" -- Ahmad Chalabi
Old November 25th 07, 12:18 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins, alt.politics.republicans,alt.religion.christian.roman-catholic, us.politics, alt.politics.homosexuality
Chas Edwards

I see that the left-wing Texan is again pretending to be a right-
winger
and posting childish hate messages.

I looked at the old Alabama Pete messages via Google this morning
and see that several people have identified this pest as someone who
has Proved Very Sick in the past.

Chas. Edw.

On Nov 24, 3:58 am, "Alabama Pete" wrote:
Do not accept the new gold dollar coins in change. Why? You guessed it
'IN GOD WE TRUST' IS GONE!!!

If ever there was a reason to boycott something, THIS IS
IT!!!!

Together we can force them out of circulation.

Please send this to everyone you know!!!

GOD WILL NOT BE MOCKED!!! HIS WILL AND HIS LAW WILL RAIN!!!

Since prayer is taken out of schools, since carpol punishment is disallowed
at home and
school, since all manner of preverted sexual conduct including COMDOMS and
HOMOSEXUALITY
is taught in schools, since so many false church's teaches it's members to
surender to the goverment
and since this nation decieves it's citizen's to the tune of 9/11, why
should such nation even bother
to promote OUR HEAVENLY FATHER on it's coins.