M3 -- More Magnificent Megas

Old April 14th 07, 11:49 PM posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Norman Haase

Default M3 -- More Magnificent Megas

His Nibs.com update --
M3 -- More Magnificent Megas
April 14th, 2007

As I've mentioned before in this space, I
originally decided to carry the Monteverde
line because of their unique designs...pens
that where stylish, inexpensive and broke new
ground (such as the Charisma http://www.hisnibs.com/charisma.htm
and Diva http://www.hisnibs.com/diva.htm lines).
The creativity employed for these -- and many
other -- iconic models has largely sprung
from the mind of Jerry 'Yair' Greenberg
(Monteverde
= green mountain).

Jerry is the founder of YAFA and Monteverde
and he's continued the phenomenal success of
his Mega Ink*Ball writing system with two new
models. These are pens that again break new
ground.

The first, the M3 combo pen, is in stock now.
The limited edition Painted (reverse)
Inside series should begin arriving
in the first part of June.

On the blog....Start taking a real close look
in your next bucket of fried chicken!

in this issue
* M3 Mega combination pen
* Mega Chinese Inside (reverse) Painting pens
* Hero 237-1 Accountant pens -- back in stock
* Wing Sung 233 -- back in stock
* Cell Phone Stocks Drop, Service Use Down By Half
* On the blog...Protein links T. rex to chickens

M3 Mega combination pen

http://www.hisnibs.com/M3Groug_small.jpg

Monteverde has continued the phenomenal
success of the Mega Ink*Ball writing system
with the introduction of the M3 -- a true
combination pen that brings together the best
of three writing methods into one gorgeous pen.

What a first glance looks to be a luxury ball
pen has quite a surprise underneath its cap.
First, this is a stunning and substantial
beauty in its ball pen configuration, as it
measure 5-1/2" with a very comfortable girth,
that makes it a joy to write with. It takes
the super mini-ballpoint refills, and the
writing tip is extended by holding the chrome
end-piece and turning the barrel. Whether one
chooses the beautiful pearlized white Italian
resin, with its red and black banding
highlights, or the equally stunning black
barrel with pearlized blue and gray, these
are ball pens to be reckoned with.

Unscrewing the cap however, makes for a whole
new animal. Depending upon how you've chosen
to configure the M3 at this point (pun
intended), you have at hand either the
revolutionary Mega Ink*Ball rollerball (that
writes with fountain pen ink) or Monteverde's
large steel fountain pen nib (like all
Monteverde nibs, this is sized as a medium
width).

See and read more... - http://www.hisnibs.com/mega_m3.htm

Mega Chinese Inside (reverse) Painting pens

http://www.hisnibs.com/3%20GroupNP_small.jpg

Dating back perhaps a thousand years, Ne'Qwa
is the name for the Chinese artistic
tradition of reverse painting on the inside
of glass. The technique became widely known
during the Qing Dynasty, beginning in the
17th Century. The process was called inside
(reverse) painting. As tobacco and snuff were
introduced to China's imperial court and
elite from European traders, clear snuff
bottles were hand-painted from the
inside-out, which yielded some of the most
prized collectibles that the world has ever seen.

Monteverde's reverse hand-painted limited
edition writing instruments combine the
centuries-old art of inside (reverse)
painting with the latest advance in
pen-making. Monteverde's original art is
hand-painted on the inside of special,
hand-made clear acrylic resins.

The meticulous work is completely done by
hand. Highly gifted artists take at least 72
hours to complete each part with a specially
designed, hand-made hooded paint brush
specifically designed for these pens. Since
the painting is completely done by hand -- no
two pens are exactly alike. Each pen is
considered to be an original masterpiece and
is numbered in sequence.

Only 395 of each of the first 3 designs
will be produced.

More here.... - http://www.hisnibs.com/mega_painted.htm

Hero 237-1 Accountant pens

http://www.hisnibs.com/Hero237-1Acct...mall_small.jpg

"Norm, I just wanted you to know that my
mom STOLE my Hero 237-1 accountant. What the
heck? These pens are so good a mom steals
it? Well she did not actually steal it. She
guilted me into giving her one. Good thing I
bought two. Still loving it and the 329's."
J. R., Meridian, ID

"Pen arrived today. It's exactly what I
needed for the editing work I do (I teach a
journalism class). I've got a Sailor
extra-fine point, and it's not as fine as the
Hero you sent. What's amazing is that even
with a steel point, it writes
smoothly...." J. U., Urbana, IL

"Hi, Norman - The 237-1's came yesterday
afternoon. I inked them immediately. I tried
them all out and liked them, but wanted to
wait until I had a real chance to put them
through their paces before I wrote to you.
After 5 straight hours of proofreading and
marking up a very complicated text
(multi-column with 6 point footnotes and many
charts) without a single skip or blot, I
realize that I've found my perfect work pen
and I'm very, very happy!"
C. D., Berkeley, CA

More here.... - http://www.hisnibs.com/'237-1'.htm

Wing Sung 233

http://www.hisnibs.com/WingSung233Group-4_small.jpg

"I've been writing with the Wing Sung all
evening---oh, my! This is even better than
the Hero 100. (And to think that for months I
scoffed at the very idea of these "cheap"
Chinese pens!) Though it feels almost too
light, the slightly longer length gives ideal
control and handling. It writes like a smooth
and wet medium nib (with Noodler's Navy Blue
ink), though I was fearing that it would lay
a dry extra fine type of line. Well, this
will easily become my daily use pen. You can
expect me to order more of these very soon! I
love the torpedo/submarine shape---very
reminiscent, as you say, of old Sheaffer
snorkels."
A. F., Metuchen, NJ

"Very many thanks for the Wing Sung 233
fountain pen which arrived today. Even with
the cost of postage to the UK, this pen is
still ridiculously cheap - and it writes
superbly."
M. H., United Kingdom

More... - http://www.hisnibs.com/wing_sung_233.htm

Cell Phone Stocks Drop, Service Use Down By Half

"The stock rundown this past week for every
major cell provider has finally been
explained. First thought to be caused by
weakening nerves of stock buyers based on the
high debt incurred by AT&T gobbling half the
cell accounts in the country at high debt
value and customer acquisition cost, cell
execs discovered the truth today: Paris
Hilton and Lindsay Lohan.

Widely quoted in the supermarket tabloids the
past two weeks, Paris and Lindsay started
another of their famous feuds designed to
increase sales rates of tabloids and promote
full employment for E! TV reporters. This
time, however, the battle focused on which
"star" hated her cell phone the most.

Paris Hilton, through her spokesdog riding in
her handbag, declared, "talking on a cell and
texting is, like, so over." Not to be
outdone, Lindsay sent a message through her
current celebrity overdose d'jour
rehabilitation center saying, "If you want to
tell me something, say it writing with a
fountain pen on nice paper." Teenage girls by
the millions followed their advice, putting
down their cells and picking up fountain
pens.

Norman Haase, owner of HisNibs fountain pen
e-commerce Web site, said, "I can't keep pens
in stock, especially the ones with glitter
and rhinestones. I also had to order 200
drums of purple ink."

Cell execs, desperate to revive their
traffic, are gathering Oscar-quality gift
baskets for Paris and Lindsay. Celebrity
"expert consultants" promise both young
"women" fall into the Low Talent, No Shame,
Open Checkbook school of modern celebrity.
Market watchers expect cell and texting
traffic to rebound during the next celebrity
"news" crises."

Read Mr. Gaskin's original April 1st posting here....
http://www.oreillynet.com/etel/blog/...p_service.html

On the blog...Protein links T. rex to chickens

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...rexchicken.jpg

"Protein extracted from 68 million-year-old
T. rex bones has shed new light on the
evolutionary link between dinosaurs and birds.

Researchers compared organic molecules
preserved in the T. rex fossils with those of
living animals, and found they were similar
to chicken protein.

The discovery of protein in dinosaur bones is
a surprise - organic material was not thought
to survive this long."

Read the article here... - http://hisnibs.blogspot.com

Regards,

Norman Haase