Royal Mail cancels ( broken record)

Old June 16th 06, 01:05 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss

Default Royal Mail cancels ( broken record)

Another exciting cancel from the Royal Mail on the envelope with my
latest edition from The Modern British Philatelic Circle. I know you
cant refuse employment from people who are retarded but really....

http://cjoint.com/?gqcfZb6zhv
Old June 16th 06, 03:13 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss

This has nothing to do with retarded people. Sometimes envelopes are not
postmarked accidentally, so the postmen do it when they notice the omission.
They are required to do that. The only tool they have for that is a
ballpoint pen. I have seen this on envelopes from many countries.

Tony

Old June 16th 06, 04:01 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss

It's not much better when they cancel properly
http://cjoint.com/data/gqe6QcWCyw.htm

Although it is hard to see how one can cancel parcels
without this sort of result.

pookiethai at iprimus.com.au

Old June 16th 06, 08:39 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss

"Alan" wrote in message
Another exciting cancel from the Royal Mail on the envelope with my
latest edition from The Modern British Philatelic Circle. I know you
cant refuse employment from people who are retarded but really....

http://cjoint.com/?gqcfZb6zhv

What is the postman supposed to do instead? Delivery offices are not
part of the local Post Office and may not have cancellers. In view of
the number of soaked-off uncancelled stamps being sold on eBay for
postage (`skips') they have to do *something*. This ballpen scribble
is common and not to be compared with overinked parcel cancellations.

Douglas

Old June 16th 06, 12:49 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss

Douglas Myall wrote:
"Alan" wrote in message

Another exciting cancel from the Royal Mail on the envelope with my
latest edition from The Modern British Philatelic Circle. I know you
cant refuse employment from people who are retarded but really....

http://cjoint.com/?gqcfZb6zhv

What is the postman supposed to do instead? ...

In some places, they are given rubber stamps for cancelling "skips".

However, it were better if stamps on postal items which don't
easily fit through the cancelling machine were cancelled right
upon posting. Actually, last December they even hand-cancelled
all stamps on mail posted over the counter of the local post
office down the road from here, but maybe this was because of
the extra amount of mail due to the holiday season ...

Jan-Martin

Old June 16th 06, 01:40 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss

"Jan-Martin Hertzsch" wrote in
message ...
Douglas Myall wrote:
"Alan" wrote in message

Another exciting cancel from the Royal Mail on the envelope with

my
latest edition from The Modern British Philatelic Circle. I know

you
cant refuse employment from people who are retarded but really....

http://cjoint.com/?gqcfZb6zhv

What is the postman supposed to do instead? ...

In some places, they are given rubber stamps for cancelling "skips".

However, it were better if stamps on postal items which don't
easily fit through the cancelling machine were cancelled right
upon posting. Actually, last December they even hand-cancelled
all stamps on mail posted over the counter of the local post
office down the road from here, but maybe this was because of
the extra amount of mail due to the holiday season ...

Jan-Martin

Yes, it is the fault of the sending office not the delivery postman.
Things are likely to get much worse after 21 August when Pricing in
Proportion comes into effect.

Douglas

Old June 16th 06, 05:36 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss

Didn't French postal carriers have rural route cancels at one point?
The number in a circle? Maybe I'm mistaken...

I truly wonder how many postal carriers check out the mail when they
deliver it. This could happen at the receiving P.O, no doubt, but how
many truly mark up envelopes like that?

"Alan" wrote in message
Another exciting cancel from the Royal Mail on the envelope with my latest
edition from The Modern British Philatelic Circle. I know you cant refuse
employment from people who are retarded but really....

http://cjoint.com/?gqcfZb6zhv

=======================
Tracy Barber
adirondack-pc
"Freebie Stamp Project"

Royal Mail Cancelletions Alan General Discussion 2 April 14th 06 02:34 AM
Snail Mail TC Blair General Discussion 3 February 4th 05 03:34 PM
NY Times on Royal Mail Alan General Discussion 1 May 29th 04 10:55 AM
Royal Mail Consumers' Fault=Post Gone Missing Lately? Chris Doran General Discussion 2 May 5th 04 09:50 PM
for sale Robert Mckee Football (US) 0 February 9th 04 11:42 PM