Still need top glass frame for HF100G

Old December 8th 04, 02:44 PM

Default Still need top glass frame for HF100G

Im still looking for a nice top glass frame for my HF100G.If anyone can help
please contact me. Thanks......Mickey

Old December 9th 04, 01:52 AM
CoinOpHobby

I used plexiglass for mine for about 3 years until I found a glass. I bought
a Seeburg decal from Victory Glass to put on it and you could hardly tell
the difference. I had a good looking machine that was presentable until a
glass turned up. Just a thought

Old December 9th 04, 02:52 AM

I dont need the glass....I need the frame that holds the glass.....a nice
one. Mine is all gouged up and not even worth chroming because of the deep
gouges on three sides of it.

Old December 9th 04, 03:23 AM
Jjmscf

Did you try Durfee?http://www.jukeboxparts.com/
Old December 9th 04, 03:45 AM
Ken G.

Those are made of aluminum .. you dont chrome them . Some people have
them polished up .

If i were you i would sand them then fill all the gouges and sand them
again very smooth then paint them with GM car color silver spray paint
then clear coat them with lacquer . This should make them look close to
the original finish they were new .

Mine are good originals and look very much like silver paint .. I dont
think anodized aluminum was ever shiney as chrome

Old December 9th 04, 11:57 AM
mike

Maybe not for everybody but I chromed the dome frame on mine and it looks
great. No chipping or anything.....yet

http://www.miketyler.net/seeburgG.jpg
http://www.miketyler.net/seeburgG1.jpg

Old December 9th 04, 01:42 PM
Jjmscf

Very nice.That's what I'm having done on my Seeburg C.After comparing 2 at the
Hershey Gameroom Expo this past weekend I'm glad I decided to go that route.The
chrome one was beautiful but the original one on a restored as original was
dull looking.Are your sides veneer?There was a long discussion on veneering
versus paint graining on the other group?Also sticklers for originality poo-poo
the lighted pilasters on the G.I think it looks great.
Old December 10th 04, 12:26 AM
mike

Hi Jim - yes, for whatever reason, chroming the dome frame gets a bad rap
from the purists and from those that have had bad experiences with its
longevity. Personally, I think it looks better and have yet to have one chip
or flake. Maybe I am not opening and closing them as much?

Yes, that is golden oak veneer, available at any woodwork supply. I think
the veneer for this box was only $35. I would encourage anyone to try it
since its so easy. I also prefer lacquer over polyurethane; its cheaper,
glossier, easier to spot repair and doesnt leave a white spot if dented.

I too like the animated pilasters and prefer the expensive VG units when
cost will allow. I used Frank Mlakrs snap-in animation units and then
changed modified them with a pair of the more vibrant Rock-ola color sheets.
Expensive, yes but well worth the rich colorful glow it gives off.

I posted these post-Rock-ola links before but here they are again as it
really is a night and day difference.

http://www.miketyler.net/jukes/seeburgG.jpg
http://www.miketyler.net/jukes/seeburgGa.jpg

Old December 10th 04, 12:39 AM

Yes, I am going the chrome route! The chrome ones look so much better. THATS
why I need a good frame!! I am also removing the old scratched stainless
pilasters and going with the plastic and animation units! And yes , Ive
tried Durfee,JukinUSA,Bill Butterfield and anyone that was recommended . No
luck yet. All I can do is keep asking and watching Ebay!.......Mickey