GB query~hex cancellations.

Old June 29th 09, 02:47 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Rodney

Default GB query~hex cancellations.

Anyone know anything about these,
I do not recall seeing many in my travels.
http://cjoint.com/data/gDpQPSTwz5.htm

One is from the Monopoly board, Park Lane,
Brownie points for anybody who can discern just
three readable letters from the LHS strike.

Thanks.

Old June 30th 09, 12:12 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Rodney

I am glad you responded John,
exactly my thoughts, hence my query about hex cancels,
Park Lane throws the spanner in the works, establishing hex shaped cancels
exist in GB history.
Mind you, employing the name database for the squared circles
there are many very funny place names in Great Britain.

.. .

Old June 30th 09, 01:41 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Blair[_2_]

On Jun 29, 9:47*am, "rodney" wrote:
Anyone know anything about these,
I do not recall seeing many in my travels.http://cjoint.com/data/gDpQPSTwz5.htm

One is from the Monopoly board, Park Lane,
Brownie points for anybody who can discern just
three readable letters from the LHS strike.

Thanks.

Hexagonal cancels are seen in London as part of duplex cancels.
(hex + killer) Here is one from Loimbard Street.
http://www.gbstamps.co.uk/uploads/bb...ges/P16653.jpg

Blair
Old June 30th 09, 01:43 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Blair[_2_]

On Jun 29, 9:47*am, "rodney" wrote:
Anyone know anything about these,
I do not recall seeing many in my travels.http://cjoint.com/data/gDpQPSTwz5.htm

One is from the Monopoly board, Park Lane,
Brownie points for anybody who can discern just
three readable letters from the LHS strike.

Thanks.

Another Lombard St hex.
http://www.gbstamps.co.uk/uploads/bb...ges/P10989.jpg
Old June 30th 09, 09:19 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Blair[_2_]

On Jun 30, 9:51*am, Sir F. A. Rien wrote:
Blair found these unused words:

On Jun 29, 9:47*am, "rodney" wrote:
Anyone know anything about these,
I do not recall seeing many in my travels.http://cjoint.com/data/gDpQPSTwz5.htm

One is from the Monopoly board, Park Lane,
Brownie points for anybody who can discern just
three readable letters from the LHS strike.

Thanks.

Hexagonal cancels are seen in London as part of duplex cancels.
(hex + killer) *Here is one from Loimbard Street.
http://www.gbstamps.co.uk/uploads/bb...ges/P16653.jpg

Blair

They're called "London Fancy Geometric Postmarks" and many are detailed in
both Stanley Cohen's and W,G, Stitt Dibden' publications.

They were issued parallel to the "Squared Circle" postmarks that began in
the late 1870's.

Some were used until 1909.

I believe that this was used in Lombard Street PO.

I have read that certain hex cancels were seen used into the early
1920s.
Blair
Old July 1st 09, 06:06 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Rodney

Wow!
well done you. I should have never got that
I would have sworn the first letter was a K

3.75 brownie points.

"Sir F. A. Rien"
L 1
Threadneedle St.
AP 18
02

Old July 1st 09, 06:40 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Rodney

"Sir F. A. Rien"
Perhaps by favour, but the two 'authoritative' works on the Fancy
geometrics
list 1909 as the last, official, day-to-day usage.

They were phasing out the "fancy geometrics" in Lombard St BO EC by 1905
as seen by this perfin HB

http://cjoint.com/data/hbhMaW4hmO.htm

Lombard St. Box Office East Central

Old July 1st 09, 10:38 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Rodney

well browsing through "Askphil"
"branch office" seems more appropriate
unless "box office" has been defined in some
correspondance somewhere

"Asia-translation"
Branch Office?