RCSD sources: solution?

Old June 27th 09, 05:38 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Stan

Default RCSD sources: solution?

Thanks to all who proposed solutions. I started with the Google
suggestion from both Blair and Jerry B. This message is being sent
from my Google Groups account, newly created.

Silver lining is that I now have access to the three stamps groups of
recent interest, and Google also gives access to fr. rec.philatelie, a
group that never was available when we switched ISPs about fifteen
months ago.

I plan to keep all of the suggestions, just in case Google Usenet goes
the way of DejaNews and other similar services over the years.

Stan Fairchild
Old June 28th 09, 12:00 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Blair[_2_]

On Jun 27, 12:38*pm, Stan wrote:
Thanks to all who proposed solutions. *I started with the Google
suggestion from both Blair and Jerry B. *This message is being sent
from my Google Groups account, newly created.

Silver lining is that I now have access to the three stamps groups of
recent interest, and Google also gives access to fr. rec.philatelie, a
group that never was available when we switched ISPs about fifteen
months ago.

I plan to keep all of the suggestions, just in case Google Usenet goes
the way of DejaNews and other similar services over the years.

Stan Fairchild

Welcome, Stan:

One other advantage is that you can search the archive of past
postings.

Blair
Old June 28th 09, 02:33 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Joshua McGee[_4_]

On Sat, 27 Jun 2009 09:38:06 -0700, Stan wrote:

I plan to keep all of the suggestions, just in case Google Usenet goes
the way of DejaNews and other similar services over the years.

Google bought Deja's archives, so in a sense Google == Deja.

--
Joshua H. McGee
San Marino, Los Angeles, California, USA, Earth
Old July 2nd 09, 04:05 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Rodney

Fair enough, we takes our choices,
but to me the clunky, time consuming Google route
over a lightening fast Newsgroup server not with three, but 50,000
newsgroups, is a very strange choice indeed.

"Stan"
Thanks to all who proposed solutions. I started with the Google
suggestion from both Blair and Jerry B. This message is being sent
from my Google Groups account, newly created.

Silver lining is that I now have access to the three stamps groups of
recent interest, and Google also gives access to fr. rec.philatelie, a
group that never was available when we switched ISPs about fifteen
months ago.

I plan to keep all of the suggestions, just in case Google Usenet goes
the way of DejaNews and other similar services over the years.

Stan Fairchild

RCSD sources Stan Fairchild[_3_] General Discussion 11 June 24th 09 05:40 PM
Sources of used stamps Edwin General Discussion 5 February 25th 08 07:32 AM
(RCSD) A Possible Solution to SPAM Blair (TC) General Discussion 12 July 6th 07 04:20 PM
Sources? Todd & Kerri Ohse Coins 7 January 8th 05 01:28 PM
Sources of Ancients Mame Coins 19 July 13th 04 03:24 AM