India~regugee relief.

Old June 3rd 09, 11:25 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
rodney

Default India~regugee relief.

Thank you Tony.
yes, at least I have the opportunity
to add my example to his/her list.
Cheers.

"Asia-translation" wrote in message
At least one member of the India Study Circle is researching the
Refugee Relief overprints. I don't want to publish his name and email
address here, but if you think it might be of use, I'll be happy to
pass them on off-list.

Tony

Old June 26th 09, 01:35 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
PE

"rodney" skrev i en meddelelse
Indian Refugee relief stamps existed between 15th Nov 1971 to 31st March
1973
to raise funds for refugees from Bangladesh and East Pakistan.
The levy was 5 paise on all mails.

There were hundreds of rubber cancellers apparently, this one I have never
spied
before, so it is here for the record.
It may be a forgery, letterpress forgeries exist.

http://cjoint.com/data/gckkviGVst.htm

Hi Rodney

As a newcomer to this usenet group Im trying to go through old issues to
make my knowledge broader, and as I see it, you are the one making this
group readable, however one issue is remaining: You sadly too quick deletes
the images to your questions/answers ;-)

Keep up the good working keeping this group alive.

Thanks

Poul

Old June 26th 09, 02:00 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
rodney

Dear Poul,
someone once mentioned to me, regarding losing a valued staff member,
that we were all as hands in a bucket of water,
take one out and the water just finds another level.
Thank you for your comments, albeit a little misguided,
the group all works well because everyone participates, each in his own
way.
If I didn't have the assistance of the likes of Blair, and the myriad of
Tony's and Ja and Chris
just about everyone else,I would fade away as well.
I only stay around 'cause I get answers, in fact there must be some here who
think I am a pain in the arse.

Anyhow as long as you enjoy it here, stick around and join in
we all keep it alive.
The good thing is, it is not a requirement to be visual, I get lots of
valuable help
from very generous people who lurk and have no visual attendance here at
all.
Cheers.
As for the images, this group is attractive in its immediacy, no logging on
etc,
the only downside is the posting of images.
Mr. Pierre Courtiade has very generously pointed our way to a free hosting
site
that has a life of 30 days only I think.
You have to keep abreast of the posts and copy the images as you see them to
retain.
No workarounds for that I am afraid.

"PE" Hi Rodney

Old June 27th 09, 05:06 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
[email protected]

On 26 June, 14:35, "PE" wrote:

As a newcomer to this usenet group Im trying to go through old issues to
make my knowledge broader, and as I see it, you are the one making this
group readable, however one issue is remaining: You sadly too quick deletes
the images to your questions/answers ;-)

Most people here use cjoint.com for image hosting, and this deletes
them after 21 days.

But you remind me that I scanned some of my RRs: http://cjoint.com/?gBgaBsfTSc
I'm sure I have more, but as always, when you want something...

Chris
Old June 27th 09, 01:20 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Blair[_2_]

On Jun 27, 12:06*am, wrote:
On 26 June, 14:35, "PE" wrote:

As a newcomer to this usenet group Im trying to go through old issues to
make my knowledge broader, and as I see it, you are the one making this
group readable, however one issue is remaining: You sadly too quick deletes
the images to your questions/answers ;-)

Most people here use cjoint.com for image hosting, and this deletes
them after 21 days.

There is a similar service to cjoint.com that accepts larger files and
has
a longer retention period. It is also free.

It is called cijoint.fr .

The current file maximum is 8 Megabytes.
The retention period is unlimited.

http://www.cijoint.fr/

Enjoy!

Blair
Old June 28th 09, 02:32 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Joshua McGee[_4_]

On Sat, 27 Jun 2009 05:20:02 -0700, Blair wrote:

Most people here use cjoint.com for image hosting, and this deletes
them after 21 days.

There is a similar service to cjoint.com that accepts larger files and
has
a longer retention period. It is also free.

Suddenly I am tempted to do something about this. Register rcsd-
images.com or some such, give a password only to members, and have
infinite retention. It's within my skillset to do -- I just need to
figure out the storage and bandwidth requirements.

--
Joshua H. McGee
San Marino, Los Angeles, California, USA, Earth