anyone available to teach penmanship online?

Old February 2nd 06, 12:19 PM posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils

Default anyone available to teach penmanship online?

does anyone around here know a place to learn penmanship online? i
stumbled upon ur group and wondered maybe u could help. i've always
been interested in calligraphy, but lately, i've been wanting to write
more elegantly in my daily life, kind of cursive style. there are books
i know, but i can't buy them, so if there's someone who's willing to
teach me the rudiments of penmanship, i'd be infinitely grateful.

Old February 3rd 06, 11:54 PM posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils

http://www.global2000.net/handwritingrepair/

See if Kate can help you :-)

Old February 4th 06, 07:31 PM posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils

so what wrote:

http://www.global2000.net/handwritingrepair/

See if Kate can help you :-)

No thanks. I refuse to spend more than
ten seconds on a site that has cruddy
moronic duotone wav files playing in
the background.

Old February 4th 06, 08:29 PM posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils

In article , "Tetractys" wrote:
so what wrote:

http://www.global2000.net/handwritingrepair/

See if Kate can help you :-)

No thanks. I refuse to spend more than
ten seconds on a site that has cruddy
moronic duotone wav files playing in

:-) that site is also hard to read.
you can try fountainpennetwork.com (i think!) there're good instructions on
the penmanship forum. mostly for calligraphy. but one can get the idea.
although you need to register to post.

(i don't like to register any website in order to participate. one reason i
like usenet better. but if you don't register, you can still lurk (read only)

regards,

==========
Pam @ Home

Cort Furniture Rental and Honesty are two exclusive concepts.
Old February 4th 06, 08:46 PM posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils

Tetractys wrote:
No thanks. I refuse to spend more than
ten seconds on a site that has cruddy
moronic duotone wav files playing in
the background.

You can turn it off, you know. She doesn't force you to listen to it
.... unless you're so impatient and judgmental that you can't read the
note or turn off your speakers.

Old February 4th 06, 11:21 PM posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils

bill7tx wrote:
Tetractys wrote:
No thanks. I refuse to spend more than
ten seconds on a site that has cruddy
moronic duotone wav files playing in
the background.

You can turn it off, you know. She doesn't force you to listen to it
... unless you're so impatient and judgmental that you can't read the
note or turn off your speakers.

Just an FYI, Kate Gladstone has become pretty much of an authority on
handwriting. She is often seen in interviews in various media outlets.
She is also a nice person. Her expertise is naturally in handwriting,
not web design. T seems to have more interest in web page feel than in
improving his cursive. She probably won't mind missing T's business.
Old February 5th 06, 04:25 AM posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils

"Tetractys" wrote in message
so what wrote:

http://www.global2000.net/handwritingrepair/

See if Kate can help you :-)

No thanks. I refuse to spend more than
ten seconds on a site that has cruddy
moronic duotone wav files playing in
the background.

If your handwriting matches your impatience I don't suppose any can read it.
I wasn't real fond of listening to the music either but I turned off the
speakers and found a wealth of information for those willing to improve
their penmanship, and perhaps even their attitude.

Old February 7th 06, 12:21 AM posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils

Default Pilot Vanishing Point, What is it made off?

I'm trying to determine what the Pilot Vanishing Point, the all-metal
bodied pens in Rhodium or Gold detailings on a Carbonesque or solid color
pen, are made off.

I can't forsee the details are made of true Rhodium or Gold. Both metals
retail for about $30 a gram.

The Vanishing point body seems to be made of either stainless steel or
aluminum.

Anyone know?

Old February 7th 06, 02:04 PM posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils

Tetractys wrote:

No thanks. I refuse to spend more than ten seconds on a site that has cruddy moronic duotone wav files playing in the background.

Well, I hope you never go to Starbucks, or even the bank. Don't go to
school. Most things take over ten seconds, especially something you
need to learn.

You can probably get cursive books from a teachers' supply store, or
even the local elementary school.

You're welcome.