1892 S Morgan Dollar

Old August 6th 03, 02:03 AM
Fred

Default 1892 S Morgan Dollar

I have recently aquired an NGC Slabbed 1892 S Morgan Dollar graded VF 35.

Now, in VF 20, it lists at $45.00. In XF 40 it lists at $170.00!!! What do
you guys think this VF 35 would bring? I think it would bring somewhere in
the ballpark of $150.00 being that it is closer to XF 40.

Please enlighten me oh knowledgeable ones!! (**wink**)

And after I read your replies.....I'll sicken you by telling you what I
paid! ;-o

PS....I only settled for this one because it was a great deal!!!! I will
buy another in better quality at a later date but I certainly can't afford
$14,000 in MS 60!!!!!!

Fred

Old August 6th 03, 03:05 AM
Bill Krummel

"Fred" wrote in message
I have recently aquired an NGC Slabbed 1892 S Morgan Dollar graded VF 35.

Now, in VF 20, it lists at $45.00. In XF 40 it lists at $170.00!!! What

do
you guys think this VF 35 would bring? I think it would bring somewhere

in
the ballpark of $150.00 being that it is closer to XF 40.

Please enlighten me oh knowledgeable ones!! (**wink**)

And after I read your replies.....I'll sicken you by telling you what I
paid! ;-o

PS....I only settled for this one because it was a great deal!!!! I will
buy another in better quality at a later date but I certainly can't afford
$14,000 in MS 60!!!!!!

Fred

Fred, I think it would bring a premium above VF but would not get that close
to an EF price. Halfway between the VF, $45, and the EF, $170, would be
$107.50. I think you would realize a price below the $107 mark. If I were
going to spend $150, I would be looking for a EF40. If I couldn't get one
for $150, I would spend a few bucks more for the EF40 rather than spend $150
for a VF35. I know that the prices for the middle grades aren't linear,
which is from where I think you are coming. No way to know unless you were
to put it up for sale, but my bet is it would bring $55-$75. Bill