Ummm...MS64 Morgan??

Old July 2nd 03, 01:50 AM
Eric Tillery

Default Ummm...MS64 Morgan??

On Wed, 02 Jul 2003 00:38:15 GMT, "Paul" wrote:

Is this really MS64? What happened to it??

Paul

Looks like a nice coin, just a bad photo.
--
Morgan Dollars for Sale:

http://www.k6az.com/inventory/morgan_sales.htm

A Close look at Accugrade:

http://www.k6az.com/acg.htm

My Morgan Collections:

http://www.k6az.com/collection/morgan_collection.htm

http://www.k6az.com/toned_collection/toned_morgans.htm
Old July 2nd 03, 05:29 PM
John Mason

Is it possible that the original Morgan was taken out, and exchanged with this
one? I have never cracked a coin out, but I didn't think it was possible. I'm
going to follow Cliff and Leo on this one and pass, even at that price.
John

Paul wrote:

Is this really MS64? What happened to it??

Paul

--
Life has its moments.

--
Your Friend in Gold Mining......John

Artificial Intelligence is No Match for Natural Stupidity

Old July 2nd 03, 09:12 PM
Eric Tillery

On Wed, 02 Jul 2003 12:29:08 -0400, John Mason wrote:

Is it possible that the original Morgan was taken out, and exchanged with this
one? I have never cracked a coin out, but I didn't think it was possible. I'm
going to follow Cliff and Leo on this one and pass, even at that price.

No. If you ever crack a PCGS slab you will see why. There are a lot of stories floating
around generated by the anti-slobbers about ovens and lasers, but these are not true.

This coin has the type of toning that makes an uncirculated coin look circulated when
imaged. I just took a look at the auction again, and was thinking of buying it but I see
a good friend has bid so I will steer clear of it.

Old July 2nd 03, 09:30 PM
Paul

Thanks for the comments Eric. I looked at it again, and man, it still looks
sanded and dipped in transmission oil.

I pass too, but would like to see it in person.

Paul

Old July 3rd 03, 05:43 AM
Eric Tillery

On 2 Jul 2003 21:34:52 -0700, (Marc Barrett) wrote:

Eric Tillery wrote in message . ..
On Wed, 02 Jul 2003 00:38:15 GMT, "Paul" wrote:

Is this really MS64? What happened to it??

Paul

Looks like a nice coin, just a bad photo.
--

Interesting to see the PCGS apologists come out of the woodwork on
this. The coin in question is ugly and obviously cleaned. Only the

Marc

Uh huh. Here is a first, a lamer from the PCGS board coming over here to continue
a stupid attack.

You obviously don't know Morgan dollars and are clueless. Let me guess, one could
get a better coin in an ACG slab right?

Old July 3rd 03, 04:38 PM
Marc Barrett

Eric Tillery wrote in message . ..

Uh huh. Obviously, you either are a lackey for AH or one of his sellers.
Kind of dumb to come over here though, even on Google, because you
now have exposed your IP address.

Your debate tactics are feeble and transparent. Keep defending every
PCGS slab, and labelling anyone who would give a negative opinion
about a PCGS slab as a ACG/AH lackey. You don't fool anyone.

By the way I don't care that you know my IP address. But let's get
passed the vieled threats. Since I gave a negative opinion about a
PCGS slab, why not just include me in one of your lawsuits.

I will not be intimidated.

Marc
Old July 3rd 03, 11:44 PM
Eric Tillery

On Thu, 03 Jul 2003 22:29:03 GMT, Gary Loveless wrote:

Got those morgans back from NGC yet??

Nope. They received them on the 19th, so I don't expect to see them
until the end of the month.