India ID please.

Old October 23rd 07, 02:40 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
rodney

Default India ID please.

It must be getting late,
I cannot find this official Hyderabad anywhere!
Thanks for the Scott guys
but I must have a Stanley Gibbons number.
http://cjoint.com/data/kxpIzlVCYv.htm

Thanks a lot.

Old October 23rd 07, 02:56 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Tony Vella

"rodney" wrote in message
It must be getting late,
I cannot find this official Hyderabad anywhere!
Thanks for the Scott guys
but I must have a Stanley Gibbons number.
http://cjoint.com/data/kxpIzlVCYv.htm

The Seal of the Nizam was issued in 1905, 1908 and 1912 with different
perforations and printers. Official overprints were applied in 1911 and
1912. Hope this helps. Let me know if you want a copy-and-paste of the
details and I'll send them to you with an email.
--
Tony Vella, Ottawa, Canada
http://tv-stamps.shorturl.com

Old October 23rd 07, 03:04 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
rodney

"rodney"

It must be getting late,
I cannot find this official Hyderabad anywhere!

It is the difference between the Allan Wyon plates
and the Bradbury Wilkinson plates.

Underneath the "G" in postage, one plate
has a double stroke in the Indian script in the
right hand top quadrant.
The other plate has only one.
(goodness knows why SG do not use that ID)

If someone can point to the plates for which, it
will be appreciated.
I do not have the pieces on hand.
Thanks.

Old October 23rd 07, 03:22 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
rodney

"Tony Vella" wrote in message

The Seal of the Nizam was issued in 1905, 1908 and 1912 with different
perforations and printers. Official overprints were applied in 1911 and
1912. Hope this helps. Let me know if you want a copy-and-paste of the
details and I'll send them to you with an email.

I think one can overdose on identifying
Indian Princely states stamp Tony,
It must be taken with short attention spans.
The 1871 2a Hyderabad has 8 shades
Once again I need to have read the manual,
I missed the second Plate B&W
I have no idea how people measure those
"rough perfs"
Cheers.

Old October 24th 07, 08:30 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Asia-translation

On Oct 23, 11:40 pm, "rodney" wrote:
It must be getting late,
I cannot find this official Hyderabad anywhere!
Thanks for the Scott guys
but I must have a Stanley Gibbons number.http://cjoint.com/data/kxpIzlVCYv.htm

Thanks a lot.

SG O39 if perf 12 1/2, O39b if perf 11 1/2,12, O39c if perf 11, and
O39d if perf 13 1/2. None of them worth much, I'm afraid. There are
probably also compound perfs, but Gibbons ran out of patience by that
stage.

The shades are a pretty good indication of the plates with these
issues. These deep shades are BW plates.

Tony Mac Gillycuddy

Old October 24th 07, 09:06 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
rodney

"Asia-translation" wrote in message

SG O39 if perf 12 1/2, O39b if perf 11 1/2,12, O39c if perf 11, and
O39d if perf 13 1/2. None of them worth much, I'm afraid. There are
probably also compound perfs, but Gibbons ran out of patience by that
stage.
The shades are a pretty good indication of the plates with these
issues. These deep shades are BW plates.
Tony Mac Gillycuddy

Thanks Tony, I'll remember the deep shades, however,
wouldn't it be easier to express BW has two strokes here
http://cjoint.com/data/kyj3kXDLcY.htm
Wyon only a singleton.

FYI
salvaged from the floor sweepings.
1. The "Annie Oakley" of postal clerks
gave a "socked on the nose" perfectly in the frame
it only needed a few degrees of rotation to be a perfect 10.
2. The most niggardly of cancellations.......just "OUT" and date.
http://cjoint.com/data/kyj6YBzCgn.htm

Old October 26th 07, 05:07 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
[email protected]

" .... Thanks Tony, I'll remember the deep shades, however, wouldn't
it be easier to express BW has two strokes here
http://cjoint.com/data/kyj3kXDLcY.htm
..
Wyon only a singleton. ...."
..
And speaking of rough perfs ...........
..
Charlie

Old October 27th 07, 06:38 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
rodney

wrote in message
ups.com...

Wyon only a singleton. ...."
And speaking of rough perfs ...........
Charlie

Yep, I had a bad day, that day
the Wyon differs, I have since observed
in the distance between the two lower
curved blocks of script/English.

My big problem was, I didn't have enough
examples to compare.

The script is the same with both designs
and probably refers to the value.
Rodney.