Soft head doll assessment ques.

Old July 6th 05, 04:24 AM
weezerchick

Default Soft head doll assessment ques.

Hello! I was was browsing the internet and I came
upon your site. I was under the impression judging by
your site, etc. that all of you are very knowledgeable CPK
collectors. That being said, I was wondering if you
could help me. Recently, my grandmother who is
getting older(85)gave me a gift that she has held onto
for me for over 2 decades. According to her story,
she bought one of the "original" cabbage patch dolls
in her hometown of Venice, FL around 1980ish at a
privately owned doll store. Her story sounds legit
the doll has a soft head, painted eyes, and a
signature, rather than a stamp on its bottom. She
purchased two dolls(my sister Kristin's and my own)
for $200 each. My grandfather told her she was crazy
for paying so much money for dolls, but my grandma was
insistent at the time that it was a good investment.
I was hoping to sell the doll but I have no idea what
it is worth. Here is the info on the doll:
(1)Condition- Good
(2)Hair Color/Style- Bald, cloth soft head
(3)Eye Color- Blue-hand painted
(4)Description of any unique features-
dimple in right cheek and bottom has what
appears to be a legit signature of Xavier
Roberts.
(5)What the doll is wearing- Blue jumper
with red/white gingham edging on ruffled
btm and straps on top of jumper, bright
blue buttons, and pic on front of jumper
is a duckling wearing matching red/white
gingham cap. The under shirt is white
with ruffles at collar and arm cuffs.
The bonnet is blue w/ red and white
gingham ruffles.

I would really appreciate your help!
Thanks,
Kara

Old July 7th 05, 05:11 AM

Kara -

I just posted a similar doll question. Do you have papers for your
doll? I hope someone can help us out. I have had real trouble finding
out if these old CP dolls are worth anything. Good Luck!

CPK Dolls & Misc Items--- FS Sue from NY General 0 August 28th 03 05:53 PM
CPK Dolls & Misc. Items--- F S Sue from NY Dolls 0 August 28th 03 05:49 PM
CPK D O L L S FS Sue from NY Dolls 0 August 19th 03 04:30 AM
CPK Items For Sale Sue from NY Dolls 0 August 19th 03 04:12 AM
CPK Items For Sale Sue from NY Dolls 0 August 8th 03 02:11 AM