Calling all armchair lawyers

Old July 1st 03, 02:02 PM
Alan & Erin Williams

Joe Schell wrote:

Judging from the Charlotte Transcripts, they are both massively confused
as to the elements of the Internet; mixing terms like chat room, forum
and web site indiscriminately, and also hopelessly paranoid, convinced
that a great, dark conspiracy is in action against them. K6AZ, RCC,
StuJoe Googler, David Hall, Barry Stuppler, the Riders of Rohan are all
involved by all the same business, or some such delusion. ;-)

IMO, this comes of perpetuating a shell game themselves. Once you
practice deception, you do not trust another person to give you correct change.

Alan
'Karma is self-induced'

If there is not a conspiracy against AH, what would you call it?

The natural outcome of his own actions.

Conspiracy, at least as I understand the word, would imply a small group
of people, acting in secret and in concert to surreptiously achieve some
result. A criminal conspiracy to murder or to defraud comes to mind
readily, as does political conspiracy, especially of the 'dirty tricks' variety.

However, if a large, visible and vocal segment of the collecting
community objects to a grader, dealer or seller's business practices, I
do not see how the word conspiracy can be applied.

Given the nature of the complaints against Hager and his reaction to
them, I do not see how a conspiracy can be construed. Hager has claimed
that no major complaints have been lodged. Hager claims to have no
interest or participation in Accugrade. Hager claims his grading system,
his use of the 70 point system, does not correspond to anyone else's.
yet he draws direct price comparisons between 'his' MS-65 and PCGS
MS-65. Having taken those actions with the numismatic community at
large, can he truly believe that the rejection of his material is a
conspiracy?

You might as well call the public's refusal to eat at a bad restaurant
with over-priced, ill-prepared food served by a surly owner (who claims
not to work there) a conspiracy, too.

Alan
'we are not required to admire'
Old July 1st 03, 06:05 PM
Coin Saver

From: dan769

I'm going to see how sharp they are, I put a bid in on an item.

Heh.
You fell for it, huh?

8-/

Coin Saver
Old July 1st 03, 11:53 PM
Joe Schell

In article ,
says...
Joe Schell wrote:

[...]

OK OK, so what DO you call it? (That's my original question.)
--
Copper is as copper does.

Old July 2nd 03, 12:52 AM
Alan & Erin Williams

Joe Schell wrote:

OK OK, so what DO you call it? (That's my original question.)
--

A market reaction.

Alan
'No, Thank you.'
Old July 2nd 03, 01:30 AM
Bruce Remick

Bruce Hickmott wrote:

On Tue, 1 Jul 2003 06:56:42 -0400, Joe Schell is alleged
to have written:

Judging from the Charlotte Transcripts, they are both massively confused
as to the elements of the Internet; mixing terms like chat room, forum
and web site indiscriminately, and also hopelessly paranoid, convinced
that a great, dark conspiracy is in action against them. K6AZ, RCC,
StuJoe Googler, David Hall, Barry Stuppler, the Riders of Rohan are all
involved by all the same business, or some such delusion. ;-)

IMO, this comes of perpetuating a shell game themselves. Once you
practice deception, you do not trust another person to give you correct change.

Alan
'Karma is self-induced'

If there is not a conspiracy against AH, what would you call it?

Disclaimer : I do not now, nor have I ever, owned an Accugrade slab.

Well, in the old days, when we went after card cheats and horse thieves, we
called it a posse. :-)

If the government were doing it, it would be called an inquiry or investigation.

If the government were investigating, they would call it a "slab of
interest".

Bruce
Old July 4th 03, 05:41 AM
BobbyShaw

OK OK, so what DO you call it? (That's my original question.)
--

A market reaction.

Alan
'No, Thank you.'

You know, if
one person, just one person does it they may think he's really sick and
they won't take him. And if two people, two people do it, they may think
they're both faggots.
And three people do it, three, can you imagine... They may think it's an
organization. And can you, can you imagine fifty people a day,I said
fifty people a day... And friends they may thinks it's a movement.

So, THAT'S what we have against ACG -- a "Movement"! (paraphrased from Arlo
Guthrie, if you hadn't guessed...)

Robert Shaw
--
Does olive oil really help with corroded coins? Check out my experiment at:
http://www.mindspring.com/~robe294/o...xperiment.html
Old July 4th 03, 11:59 AM
so ne

Robert wrote:
snipSo, THAT'S what we have against ACG -- a "Movement"! (paraphrased
from Arlo
Guthrie, if you hadn't guessed...)
Robert Shaw
As in BOWEL?