New Member!!

Old August 4th 03, 12:34 AM
Michael R

Default New Member!!

"Fred" wrote in message
Hello,

I am a new member. I have been reading the posts for about a week now and
it is very informative!! First, I should tell you what I collect. I
collect all denominations in the US. From Half cent to $20 gold. My
collection is expanding and have been collecting since about 1994 or 1995.
By the way I am 23 years old. I mostly collect Uncirculated specimens of
coins. So far, the oldest UNC I have is a 1857 Flying Eagle cent and
followed by an UNC 1858 Half Dollar. Other than that, I have a complete

set
of Jefferson Nickels including the two special mint set specimens from the
1994 and 1997 coin and currency sets. My Lincolns are nearly complete

from
1920 to present in MS except for a few dates and mint marks.

Roosevelts dimes and Kennedys are missing a few.

I have complete sets of Eisenhowers, SBA and Sacs and the statehood

quarters
including all the silvers and clad proofs!

And I have countless other coins that I don't want to bore you with.

I too was at the Baltimore show on Saturday and managed to purchase 6
lincolns for my collection. I got the new pattern book signed by Q. David
Bowers and I got my picture taken with him. (Picture was taken by the
President of Whitman Publishing.)

The picture can be seen here if you're interested:
http://www.geocities.com/ellwynx/Mvc-010f.jpg

It was my first show and I plan to attend more!! Where is the next ANA
Convention held for 2004?

Then, I was at the whitman table where I got my Book singed by Bowers and
the woman put a little yellow sticker on me with a number. She said that

if
I find someone else with my number on their shirt then I would take that
person back to the table and we would get a prize. Well, I said sure and

went back to looking for coins. Half an hour had passed and finally

someone
came up to me and said that a little girl in red had my number and she was
by the BEP table. So, I put coin collecting aside to find her....To make

long story short.....IT was a wild goose chase!!! Perhaps I was tricked??

I did get some pictures of the 1913 Liberty Head Nickels but not good

ones.
I got a pic of the 1804 dollar and the sheet of $100,000 bills.

I had a really good time and I can't wait to go again!!

Fred

By the way, if anyone has extra lincoln cents to sell from the 1930's I
would be interested(in MS RD condition)

And is there anyone here from the NEW JERSEY area??

Hey Fred,

Even though you're just 23, you sound like one of us old time collectors.
I'm sure you'll enjoy RCC.

Welcome,

Michael R

--
Michael A. Rae
ANA #173222

Old August 4th 03, 12:44 AM
Stujoe

In article , Fred spoke thusly...
Hello,

I am a new member. I have been reading the posts for about a week now and
it is very informative!!

Welcome!

I too was at the Baltimore show on Saturday and managed to purchase 6
lincolns for my collection. I got the new pattern book signed by Q. David
Bowers and I got my picture taken with him. (Picture was taken by the
President of Whitman Publishing.)

The picture can be seen here if you're interested:
http://www.geocities.com/ellwynx/Mvc-010f.jpg

Whoa! Now there is a picture to keep a lifetime. QDB is the man! You
just need to do a little photo manipulation to erase out that hoaky
looking wizard in the background who I hope was hired to look like
that.* (Aside to Chrysta: Is that who you bought your wizard coin
from?)

Anyway, welcome to the combination madhouse and repository of
knowledge that we lovingly call rcc.

*Probably more wealth in that room than resides in Ft Knox and they
couldn't find someone who really looked like a wizard and not like a
department store Santa in need of a trim?

--
Stu Miller
Read about Coins in the News:
Old August 4th 03, 12:58 AM
Harv

"Fred" wrote in message

The picture can be seen here if you're interested:
http://www.geocities.com/ellwynx/Mvc-010f.jpg

What's that Wizard doing behind you??.. Was he waving his magic wand and
putting a "D" mintmark on 1927 Saints.. aww.. nevermind..

Harv

Old August 4th 03, 01:49 AM
Chrysta Wilson

In article ,
says...
Hello,

I am a new member. I have been reading the posts for about a week now and
it is very informative!! First, I should tell you what I collect. I
collect all denominations in the US. From Half cent to $20 gold. My
collection is expanding and have been collecting since about 1994 or 1995.
By the way I am 23 years old. \

Welcome! We need more youngsters around here!

And I have countless other coins that I don't want to bore you with.

Any classic commems??? (Sorry. One track mind at the moment)

I too was at the Baltimore show on Saturday and managed to purchase 6
lincolns for my collection. I got the new pattern book signed by Q. David
Bowers and I got my picture taken with him. (Picture was taken by the
President of Whitman Publishing.)

The picture can be seen here if you're interested:
http://www.geocities.com/ellwynx/Mvc-010f.jpg

Hee hee! He looks thrilled to death (no offense). I really wanted to go
Friday to hear his Numismatic Theater presentation, but couldn't make it.

It was my first show and I plan to attend more!! Where is the next ANA
Convention held for 2004?

I think the next summer one is in Pittsburgh. I will make the trip if at
all possible, even though it will be quite a hike.

For some reason my newsreader cut off the part about being from
Jersey...I am! What part are you from?

Chrysta

Old August 4th 03, 01:53 AM
Chrysta Wilson

In article ,
says...
In article , Fred spoke thusly...
Hello,

I am a new member. I have been reading the posts for about a week now and
it is very informative!!

Welcome!

I too was at the Baltimore show on Saturday and managed to purchase 6
lincolns for my collection. I got the new pattern book signed by Q. David
Bowers and I got my picture taken with him. (Picture was taken by the
President of Whitman Publishing.)

The picture can be seen here if you're interested:
http://www.geocities.com/ellwynx/Mvc-010f.jpg

Whoa! Now there is a picture to keep a lifetime. QDB is the man! You
just need to do a little photo manipulation to erase out that hoaky
looking wizard in the background who I hope was hired to look like
that.* (Aside to Chrysta: Is that who you bought your wizard coin
from?)

Well, yes and no. I actually bought the coin from a veddy proper British
chappie at the British Mint booth. )

*Probably more wealth in that room than resides in Ft Knox and they
couldn't find someone who really looked like a wizard and not like a
department store Santa in need of a trim?

Kevin (a LOTR freak like me) made lots of comments about Harry Potter and
the like.

Chrysta
Old August 4th 03, 03:18 AM
Fred

"Chrysta Wilson" wrote in message
[...]

Hey, Yes I do have two classic commems. They are the Washington Carver 1952
and the 1935 S San Diego slabbed MS63 by PCGS in the first generation
holder(I hate when it spins around in there!!!!) It is also a very nice
looking coin!

It's actually a funny sort of events surrounding the picture with QDB. He
was busy on his cell phone (which it appeared to me that he didn't know how
to work it) and I pulled him away to personalize the new Patterns book for
me. I then asked him if he would have his picture taken with me and he said
sure. He actually started out with a smile but the woman couldn't figure
out how to work it. He said, "Hurry now, I can only hold this pose for 30
minutes" and then the camera went off.

What could I say??? "Mr. Bowers, I know you're a busy man... but could we
get another with a smile!??

And I am from the Cumberland Couty Area. I am originally from Camden County
but moved here almost a year ago.

Old August 4th 03, 03:48 AM
David Hope

Greetings, Fred. Welcome to the group. To become a *full* member of this
group, though, you have to get on ah-collectibles blocked bidders list.
Just click on the link below and bid on something, then come back here and
brag about it... Sure enough you will be blocked! Then, you will be "one
of us".

http://makeashorterlink.com/?Q56D25A75

do it - go on... join us...

Dave

"Fred" wrote in message
[...]

THE BECKETT DEALER COMMUNITY SHOWS TRUE COLOURS BECKETTMPDEALER Card discussions 4 December 4th 04 08:47 PM
Interesting Beckett Dealer talk. BECKETTMPDEALER Card discussions 5 November 16th 04 10:33 AM
new member lussiezj Autographs 4 December 28th 03 10:08 PM
New RSFPC Service: Member biography service launched. Avery A. Hise Pens & Pencils 0 October 14th 03 03:46 AM
New CCAC Member announced- More Clipart to come on coins? Stujoe Coins 0 August 1st 03 11:08 PM