get a $100 target gift card for $72

Old December 16th 03, 11:08 PM
Bob Peterson

my guess is that target forgot to code things so their web site won't allow
you to stack or even use online coupons onto gift cards.

here are the instructions from techbargains.com

use these coupon codes at target.com after purchasing a $100 gift card.,
$10 off: TDMWDEALPAS2
$10 off: TDMWEMTHANKS
$10 off: TDWELCME2224

The $10 off codes normally do not stack, nor do they apply to gift cards.

I had an email waiting for me from target indicating my gift card is being
shipped today.

From: Mark

bob peterson wrote:
get a $100 target gift card for $72 ... I tried it and it works. my

guess is
this deal will not last long.

Not there now.

I got something like this in the mail awhile back (snail-USPS). I called

one
of the local stores and asked the on-duty manager and he said something to

the
effect that due the average markups, they'tre not really losing much, and

if it
gets people in the store, chances are good they'll spend much more than

the
$100.

sounded like a fairly good marketting plan, to me ...

8-l

Coin Saver

Old December 18th 03, 03:31 AM
George D

Cliff wrote:
ulsion (Phil DeMayo) wrote:

Cliff wrote:

Yep, that's them. I wonder if the feds could go after the people who
bought the refund cards off ebay since title can't pass on goods that
are stolen which I would think would apply to the cards.
If it seems too good to be true .......

Gee Cliff, it sounds like you are referring to the legal concept of
"contraband". Now where else have I heard that discussed before ;-)

++++++++++
Phil DeMayo - always here for my fellow Stooge
When bidding online always sit on your helmet
Just say NO to counterfeits

Phil, I don't really know legal concepts but it does seem to me that
if you sell something that is "stolen" that title doesn't pass and the
person who has it has to give it back and loses their money. It
woiuld be interesting to see if they track down the people who buy the
stuff and make them give it back.
Cliff

Many years ago a customer came into my store and offered to sell me rolls of 500 first
class stamps. (This was before I ever heard about "discount Postage") I was very curious
and called the Postal Inspectors and asked them what was up. The inspectors instructed me
to buy all of them I wanted because it was impossible to track stolen postage stamps and
that it was not unheard of for people to sell stamps at a discount.

There are several reasons for that. One is someone overbought stamps for a direct mail
program and wanted to liquidate them, at that time the PO would only replace postage
stamps with other postage stamps so returning them was not an option. Another, I guess
common, reason is that the owner of a small company will want to go to the race track and
has no cash, his wife will not like it if he spends household money. So off he goes to the
PO buys some stamps, say $500.00 worth, sells them to someone for 90% of face, $450.00 tax
free cash to spend on the ponies.

Anyway sometimes it is not possible to positively identify the source of some items,
although it would maybe be easier with that kind of gift card
--
George D
Phoenix, AZ

Please use this address to mail me. Or remove the arizona in the link.
Remember there is no Arizona.

ALL emails incoming and outgoing are run thru Norton and AVG anti virus.

Old December 18th 03, 12:38 PM
Bob Peterson

I got an email from target saying they had cancelled my order as due to
technical errors the coupons were allowed to be applied to a gift card when
they were not supposed to. I guess they sold a lot of gift cards and
someone noticed.

"George D" wrote in message