New-fangled stuff - very new

Old November 12th 03, 07:20 PM
Karen Traviss

Default New-fangled stuff - very new

I've just switched on the TV and on BBC1 there's an programme (Innovation
Nation) where inventors pitch their gadgets to a panel of business people
and retail buyers. One of these gizmos was a nibless fountain pen. The man
from Parker (he not exactly say yes) and the buyer from W H Smith ("Might
be for the student market") looked unimpressed, but one chap said, "We might
be looking at Mr Biro telling us you can put a ball in a tube of ink and
make a pen..."

Unfortunately, I switched on too late to see how this thing worked. If
anyone in the UK tuned in a few minutes before me, do tell!

Personally, I think it must be an abomination and the work of the Devil, but
there you go.

Cheers
KT
--
Karen Traviss

CITY OF PEARL (HarperCollins/Eos) March 2004 - pre-order from Amazon now.
http://www.karentraviss.com

Old November 12th 03, 07:46 PM
Karen Traviss

This just in: the nibless pen made the final three gizmos and the inventors
now have to make it into a production model.

For those of you who can get BBC1, it's Wednesday night - not sure of the
start time, but probably 1900.

Cheers
KT

Old November 12th 03, 09:30 PM
Stephen Hust

"Karen Traviss" wrote:

This just in: the nibless pen made the final three gizmos and
the inventors now have to make it into a production model.

It's mentioned here, but only mentioned:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/science/innovation/topten.shtml

All we get around here (Austria) on basic cable is BBC Prime, so I
guess this is one program I won't be watching.

--
Steve

My e-mail address works as is.
Old November 12th 03, 09:40 PM
Karen Traviss

I'll try to catch more detail next time it appears and post it.

I'll have to buy one, of course...

Cheers
KT