Just for old time's sake...

Old May 30th 09, 04:51 AM posted to rec.collecting.books
[email protected]

Default Just for old time's sake...

....since this group seems deader than dead (just like most of Usenet),
here's a page of first edition scans for Hugo and Nebula winning
novels:

http://picasaweb.google.com/Lawrence...ersonSLibrary#

Lawrence Person
Lame Excuse Books
http://home.roadrunner.com/~lperson1/lame.html
Old May 30th 09, 03:14 PM posted to rec.collecting.books
Francis A. Miniter[_2_]

wrote:
...since this group seems deader than dead (just like most of Usenet),
here's a page of first edition scans for Hugo and Nebula winning
novels:

http://picasaweb.google.com/Lawrence...ersonSLibrary#

Lawrence Person
Lame Excuse Books
http://home.roadrunner.com/~lperson1/lame.html

Sci-Fi cover art is a field onto itself. I recently picked
up a paperback sci-fi trilogy by C. S. Lewis because of the
cover art. On one of the covers the space vehicle sitting
on the strange planet was clearly a Christmas tree ornament !!

--
Francis A. Miniter

Oscuramente
libros, laminas, llaves
siguen mi suerte.

Jorge Luis Borges, La Cifra Haiku, 6
Old May 30th 09, 03:29 PM posted to rec.collecting.books
J[_2_]

On May 29, 11:51�pm, wrote:
...since this group seems deader than dead (just like most of Usenet),
here's a page of first edition scans for Hugo and Nebula winning
novels:

http://picasaweb.google.com/Lawrence...ersonSLibrary#

Lawrence Person

I have a lovely copy of that DUNE first edition, although it's a fifth
printing. Ace/Putnam reiussed it in hardcover to match the rest of
their series, but I prefer to keep the one I have.
Old May 30th 09, 07:20 PM posted to rec.collecting.books
JonquilJan

Thanks Lawrence. Hope to go over the sites later today.

JonquilJan

Learn something new every day
As long as you are learning, you are living
When you stop learning, you start dying

Old May 31st 09, 02:45 PM posted to rec.collecting.books
Bob F.[_7_]

"Francis A. Miniter" wrote in message

Sci-Fi cover art is a field onto itself.

Indeed.
Some of my favorite cover art is on the Tom Swift Jr. books from the 50s
& 60s.
Rocket ships, robots, space stations and other inventions are all there
in their full color glory.
You can see them on my Tom Swift site:
http://TomSwift.BobFinnan.com