Question about rust on copper coins.

Old October 8th 08, 12:56 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
gogu[_7_]

Default Question about rust on copper coins.

Hi all!
Is (moderate) rust on copper coins like Indian head etc downgrading a coin
or even worst, is it making it a "damaged" coin, a possible candidate for
bodybaging if sent to PCGS/NGC?

tnx

Old October 8th 08, 02:52 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
PC[_7_]

"Voltronicus" wrote in message
On Oct 8, 7:56 am, "gogu" wrote:
Hi all!
Is (moderate) rust on copper coins like Indian head etc downgrading a coin
or even worst, is it making it a "damaged" coin, a possible candidate for
bodybaging if sent to PCGS/NGC?

tnx

Copper rusts?

Rust is a color, too.

Old October 8th 08, 03:51 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
gogu[_7_]

? "PC" ?????? ??? ??????

On Oct 8, 7:56 am, "gogu" wrote:
Hi all!
Is (moderate) rust on copper coins like Indian head etc downgrading a
coin
or even worst, is it making it a "damaged" coin, a possible candidate for
bodybaging if sent to PCGS/NGC?

tnx

Copper rusts?

Rust is a color, too.

Indeed but as English is not my mother tongue I make mistakes all the time,
sorry.
On the coin I noticed something like an ocra/yellow powder, a color similar
to iron rust, covering areas of the red cent so I described it as "rust".
Of course it may not be the correct term to use but I hope you understand
what I am describing here;-)
Can you help me on this?

Thanks!

Old October 9th 08, 01:17 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
don't look

? "PC" ?????? ??? ??????

On Oct 8, 7:56 am, "gogu" wrote:
[...]

It could be damage or it could just be toning(which some consider damage).
There's really no way to tell what it is by describing it. A picture would
be great. You can post picture for free at photobucket.com and add a link in
your next post.

Old October 11th 08, 01:51 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
don't look

"gogu" wrote in message
Ο "don't look" don't έγραψε στο μήνυμα

? "PC" ?????? ??? ??????

On Oct 8, 7:56 am, "gogu" wrote:
[...]

You are right!
I've posted a picture of the coin on a.b.p.n, posting title "Indian

Head.".
Waiting for your opinion,
thanks!

Well thats a problem. I don't get that group any more in either my ATT or
Verizon news server. I may have to get my free MSN .Does thier server carry
the binaries group?

Old October 12th 08, 12:51 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
don't look

"gogu" wrote in message
[...]

I am afraid I don't know...
What I know is that most of the free servers do not carry bin ngs:-(
Is your above address a real one to send you the picture?

tnx

Hey gogu,
You can send it to
I'll get basck you on this forum