What's the value of a restored 1015 OMT Wurlitzer?

Old May 23rd 07, 06:08 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
Michael Bourke

Default What's the value of a restored 1015 OMT Wurlitzer?

I did a ground up restoration on a Wurlitzer 1015 OMT 50 CD unit.

Rebuilt the pillasters, new glass on the sides. I mean everything was gone
through. It looks and plays like brand new.

I used to see these go for around 5K. Now they don't bring 4K?

Has the jukebox market tanked or what?

Mike
Old May 23rd 07, 10:49 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
Keith Stelter

I don't know that I EVER saw a 50 CD OMT sell for $5,000.00. Maybe when it
was brand new?!?!?!
I bought my 100CD OMT a few years ago for $5,100.00 new in the crate at the
Chicagoland Show.
And yes, the jukebox market has tanked.
With the exception of a few 45 RPM jukes like the AMI Continental and the
Wurlitzer 2000, the market is nowhere near what it was even just a few years
ago.
Most people just want to buy a $200.00 touchscreen monitor and run a virtual
jukebox with 100,000 MP3 songs on it from their home PC these days.
Sad but true!

Old May 23rd 07, 10:56 PM
DRebber DRebber is offline
Senior Member

Location: Lubbock, TX

Mike,

The juke market hasn't tanked, but there has been such a deluge of used units hit the streets since the introduction of the "down-loading" commercial juke that prices are suppressed. Add to that the influence of MP3 players, big screen TV's, computer and hand-held games, ad inifinitum, and there is a lot of competition for leisure spending.

To top it off, Rock-Ola sent me my sales info packet today that shows they are premiering a line of reproduction home models with a PC tower that will operate a lot like their new downloadable commercial models. It has a capacity of 40,000 selections and uses a touchscreen. However, there is no way to make it "pay-for-play". Details should be up on our site soon.

And like a lot of folks, "If I had the money....."
Old May 25th 07, 03:33 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
Joe H

You're lucky if one of these brings $3000, but the vast majority sell
for $1500-2500. The 100CD version is worth somewhat more, but OMT's
have tanked HARD!

Old May 25th 07, 03:35 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
Ken G.

What is a ``tanked jukebox``

Old May 25th 07, 11:22 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
Keith Stelter

Any jukebox that isn't a 200 selection AMI Continental, a Wurlitzer 2000, or
possibly a Seeburg VL. Even the AMI I-200's are dropping like a rock in
price.
Jukes are losing about 30% of their value per year right now.

"Ken G." wrote in message
What is a ``tanked jukebox``

Old May 26th 07, 12:29 AM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
Ken G.

ebay still shows some activity on fully restored 50`s machines . I think
the price has dropped mainly for collectors . A nice jukebox can still
sell to the non collector for a game room setting for a fair amount . I
just sold a Seeburg STD4 for 850$ .

Hearing your news it is tempting to trade my Rockola 1485 tempo II for a
CD bubbler .

Old May 26th 07, 01:15 AM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
Keith Stelter

I used to get about 1 call a month from someone looking for a juke for their
basement or gameroom.
Now I get about 1 call every 6 months, and they usually don't end up buying
one.
MP3's available online have almost completely killed the desire to have a
juke in a basement or gameroom. As I mentioned before, a lot of people that
I know are running a touchscreen monitor from their home computer to their
bar or gameroom, and are using one of the excellent, FREE jukebox software
programs instead of having a real juke.
Sad but true. And as far as Ebay and collector prices go, they aren't
anywhere near what they were even 18 months ago.
Right now there is a clean, working, 200 selection AMI Continental II on
Ebay sitting at $2,000.00!
I used to get $2,000.00 for very rough, non-working ones!
I'm not happy about it, but the facts are the facts.
Sure, you can fine one or two 50's jukes that still end up bringing a decent
price on Ebay, but they are few and far between, and are usually being sold
by a dealer who is known for jacking up their prices by shill bidding.

Old May 27th 07, 01:04 AM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
Ken G.

It depends on the area you live and the shipping factor . Shipping those
things is expensive . I saw someone recently buy a nice Wurlitzer 1250
from an antique mall here for 2500$ . I take antique radios in there so
i saw them buying it .