First CC Morgan!

Old July 2nd 03, 06:48 PM
Bruce Hickmott

Default First CC Morgan!

On 02 Jul 2003 17:37:01 GMT, Eric Babula is alleged to have
written:

Finally! I did it!

I've been trying to buy a CC Morgan on eBay for some time now, but keep
getting outbid. It's frustrating, because I've been bidding exactly
what PCGS lists the price of the coins for (which I very rarely do), and
have been getting outbid for well over that price - seems that the CCs
are really, really in demand right now!

Well, finally I got one! How exciting!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...9476&category=
39465&rd=1

What do you all think? I know it's nothing special to most of you, but
I don't have a huge collection (I may have 100-150 Morgans, and only
about 35 MS Morgans), and was excited to see that I finally won a CC!
My guess is that it might be polished, and the scratches bring it down a
bit. My take: 1878-CC Morgan, VF Details, Scratched and Polished, Net
VG. Does that sound about right? But I only paid G price for it, so
that isn't to bad, is it?

Not a morgan collector, but I'd agree with your grade. It's a problem coin,
though. The only way you'll know if you paid to much is to try to sell it.

Congrats on your first CC! Hope there are many more in your future!

Bruce