RCC trusted dealers

Old October 23rd 05, 02:10 PM
Jim M.

Default RCC trusted dealers

Would it be out of line to compile a list of trusted RCC dealers? Or a list
of bad expierences from Ebay dealers list? (prefer both)

I know that it would be helpful to me to know who is trustworthy and who
isn't.

I have been reading this group most everyday for a few months now, I have
been collecting for about 40 years. Haven't been real active the last 15
years. Now time is permitting me to get back in the game as a collector.
Have NO desire to be a dealer.

I have purchased several coins on ebay and have only had one bad expierence,
I feel fortunate after reading the post in here.

Old October 23rd 05, 08:44 PM
winwin

Would it be out of line to compile a list of trusted RCC dealers? Or
a list
of bad expierences from Ebay dealers list? (prefer both)

This used to be commonplace on this forum. Experiences with good
dealers still show up regularly.

But a few years ago one of the dealers who was most viciously
criticized for a variety of misdeeds, Alan Hager of Accugrade fame,
filed a series of lawsuits for tortious interference against named
members of rcc, and at one point against everyone on rcc. Although he
was never able to get a judgment against anyone, it had a chilling
effect.

Regards,
Tom

Old October 23rd 05, 10:04 PM
Jim M.

Well, I guess I will have to compile a list of reputable dealers from my
readings in here.

Sure wish that the trusted dealers would say they are dealers in posts and
maybe give a URL to visit?

(hint hint)

Thank you for your reply to this winwin

ups.com...

Old October 24th 05, 03:38 AM
linxlvr

On Sun, 23 Oct 2005 09:10:55 -0400, Jim M. wrote:

Would it be out of line to compile a list of trusted RCC dealers? Or a list
of bad expierences from Ebay dealers list? (prefer both)

I know that it would be helpful to me to know who is trustworthy and who
isn't.

I have been reading this group most everyday for a few months now, I have
been collecting for about 40 years. Haven't been real active the last 15
years. Now time is permitting me to get back in the game as a collector.
Have NO desire to be a dealer.

I have purchased several coins on ebay and have only had one bad expierence,
I feel fortunate after reading the post in here.

I would say the best bet if you want advice on this NG about dealers (ebay
or otherwise) the best bet would probably be to ask about a perticular
dealer or auction, and wait for response. No responses... wonder a
little. Good responses... now you know something anyways. Don't have to
worry about someone shooting themselves in the foot praising a given
dealer, you know? At least so far, lawyers haven't drempt up an attack
on that one.
-- dw

Old October 25th 05, 12:21 AM
bri

"Jim M." wrote in message
Would it be out of line to compile a list of trusted RCC dealers? Or a

list
of bad expierences from Ebay dealers list? (prefer both)

I know that it would be helpful to me to know who is trustworthy and who
isn't.

Usually the ones that have large pictures of both sides on their web sites
are good. Or they have 100% satisfaction return policy.

I have been reading this group most everyday for a few months now, I have
been collecting for about 40 years. Haven't been real active the last 15
years. Now time is permitting me to get back in the game as a collector.
Have NO desire to be a dealer.

I have purchased several coins on ebay and have only had one bad

expierence,
I feel fortunate after reading the post in here.

I don't think I have a singular favorite dealer since none of them have yet
to sell me a MS66 1909s VDB Lincoln cent for $50.00.
;-)
Lurk on some of the other dozens of coin forums--there's always a thread
about who's got the candy and who's pond scum.
Plus you should first learn how to grade the coins that you plan on buying
if you don't know how.

Old October 25th 05, 12:58 AM
Wes Chormicle

How about a MS 65 1914 D Lincoln for $50?? Only one itsy bitsy problem...
It's a die struck counterfeit. Best one I've ever seen. So good, it's
scary. I have fooled many a dealer with it. It goes in my "U.S. Type Set"
book. I'm working on a type set of counterfeit coins.

Old October 27th 05, 12:35 AM
bri

"Wes Chormicle" wrote in message
nk.net...
How about a MS 65 1914 D Lincoln for $50?? Only one itsy bitsy problem...
It's a die struck counterfeit. Best one I've ever seen. So good, it's
scary. I have fooled many a dealer with it. It goes in my "U.S. Type

Set"
book. I'm working on a type set of counterfeit coins.

There was a dealer--can't remember who--but anyhow he had some of those
real-looking fakes for sale on thier low-rent site. Then I seen he had a AU
Bust coin, which was supposed to be real, for like $140 bucks. I really
questioned that as being a real Bust coin. I think it was a half--can't
remember.

Offer fake cash for a fake coin--that's a good one. Or Monopoly money.
;-)