Someone with a KM catalog look up a coin for me?

Old May 26th 06, 04:37 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins

Default Someone with a KM catalog look up a coin for me?

I've heard that the Cook Islands has issued a $1 denomination coin that
depicts Elvis Presley. The date of the coin is 2004. If anyone has a 2005
catalog or later could confirm this and maybe get the Krause number for me,
it would be appreciated. Thanks.

Old May 26th 06, 04:55 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins

"Brian O" wrote in message
I've heard that the Cook Islands has issued a $1 denomination coin that
depicts Elvis Presley. The date of the coin is 2004. If anyone has a 2005
catalog or later could confirm this and maybe get the Krause number for
me,
it would be appreciated. Thanks.

Considering the odd mix of topics commemorated on Cook Islands coinage
(Oregon Trail, Ghenghis Khan, Garfield, the Pope, and the
anatomically-correct fertility god Tangaroa) one would certainly expect to
see Elvis among them. But a careful examination of my 2006 catalog shows
oodles of coins with the Queen, but, alas, none showing the King. I note,
though, there are few items listed that bear a date after 2001. I wonder if
they are behind in their listings. It would not be surprising, as poor Fred
Borgmann is always inundated with NCLT material and does what he can to keep
up with it. The 2007 cat should be out soon, and I'll check that when I get
it (if I can remember, that is).

Mr. Jaggers

Old May 26th 06, 05:14 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins

"Brian O" wrote in message
[...]

But then, there's

http://www.unicover.com/EA8RDMDH.htm

and

http://store.topicalcoins.com/endeav...uct/42917.html

and

http://www.elvisspecialties.com/cata...in_3324708.htm

not to mention

http://catalog.hsn.com/prod-123678/co/co0007/co0009/hp!gs!dept!cat/1979795/1979795.htm

and...I know I'm definitely in the wrong business.

Mr. Jaggers

Old May 26th 06, 05:20 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins

"Brian O" wrote in message
[...]

How could I forget Marshall Islands? Their KM-124 is a 1993R (Roger
Williams Mint, Rhode Island, I kid you not) $5 coin showing Elvis. Catalog
value $5 in prooflike.

Mr. Jaggers

Old May 26th 06, 09:00 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins

Brian O wrote:
I've heard that the Cook Islands has issued a $1 denomination coin that
depicts Elvis Presley. The date of the coin is 2004. If anyone has a 2005
catalog or later could confirm this and maybe get the Krause number for me,
it would be appreciated. Thanks.

Hi
I know the marshall islands have an elvis commemorative set, one for
auction he
http://www.trademe.co.nz/Antiques-co...n-57467195.htm
cheers
riff
Old May 26th 06, 05:43 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins

Thank you Charles. That is exactly the coin I was looking for. I did a
search on Yahoo but didn't find anything. Did you use Google?

"Charles R. Kaiser" wrote in message
Brian O wrote:
I've heard that the Cook Islands has issued a $1 denomination coin that
depicts Elvis Presley. The date of the coin is 2004. If anyone has a

2005
catalog or later could confirm this and maybe get the Krause number for

me,
it would be appreciated. Thanks.

I found this article on the 'net:

ALSO IN THE NEWS
THAT’S ALL RIGHT
2004 marks the 50th Anniversary of Elvis Presley’s first recording,
That’s All Right™. In tribute, Sweden will issue the Elvis 50th
Anniversary postage stamp and the Cook Islands will issue the Elvis 50th
Anniversary Golden $1 Coin. Both commemoratives are now available in the
Elvis 50th Anniversary Tribute Collection from Fleetwood®.
The collection includes: Elvis 50th Anniversary First Day Cover Set of 4
featuring the new 2004 Elvis 50th Anniversary postage stamp from Sweden.
This high-value stamp portrays Elvis® when he appeared on the Dorsey
Brothers’ “Stage Show” in 1956. Portraits by acclaimed artist Tom
McNeely illustrate the set and capture Elvis at great moments in his
amazing career. Certified with the official Stockholm First Day of Issue
postmark, each cover includes a narrative about Elvis’ career on its
reverse.
Elvis 50th Anniversary Golden $1 Coin has been issued especially for the
50th Anniversary. Minted in gleaming aluminum bronze, it’s in brilliant
uncirculated condition and about the size of a U.S. silver dollar. It
features a beautifully sculpted portrait of Elvis singing. As legal
tender, the obverse depicts Queen Elizabeth II.
Elvis 50th Anniversary Proofcard® Set of 5 bear the 2004 Elvis 50th
Anniversary stamps from Sweden and the official First Day of Issue
postmark. Suitable for framing, each 6 by 9 inch Proofcard® Edition is
elegantly gold stamped with Elvis’ famous signature! Art by Tom McNeely
shows five different portraits of Elvis: Young Rocker, Teen Idol, G. I.
Elvis, Hollywood Elvis and Vegas Elvis. Each includes a narrative about
Elvis’ career on its reverse.
Elvis 50th Anniversary Golden $1 Coin First Day Cover features the 2004
Elvis 50th Anniversary Golden $1 Coin and stamp. Certified with the
official Stockholm First Day of Issue postmark, the Certificate of
Authenticity is included.
The Special Elvis 50th Anniversary Complete Mint Stamp Sheet includes
nine stamps in post-office-fresh mint condition, beautifully displayed
with a picture of Elvis surrounded by glittering stars. The stamp is
engraved by Czeslaw Slania, the world’s most revered engraver of stamps
and banknotes … and the Royal Court Engraver of Sweden.
For more information, contact:
Fleetwood
One Unicover Center
Cheyenne, Wyoming 82008-0001 U.S.A.
Tel (307) 771-3000 • Fax (307) 771-3134
Toll Free Customer Service Tel (800) 443-3232
www.unicover.com/ofr_cbby.htm

Here's the coin at unicover: http://www.unicover.com/EA8RDC2E.HTM

--
___ ____________
\ \/ ___ ___/ Charles R. Kaiser HOKC - MFA 1991

Direct all incoming fire to: 17TPJ2411274412
Zone 17T Zone CM -81 E 624112 N 4874412
44° 00'44.55" N, 79° 27'05.92" W 44.0123706, -79.45164444

Old May 26th 06, 05:48 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins

"Brian O" wrote in message
[...]

Marshall Island actually has three coins in the 1993 series. A $5, $10, and
$50 denominations. The $50 are silver. There are three more years also
1995,1996, and 1997, all in the same denominations and materials.

Old May 26th 06, 06:11 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins

"Brian O" wrote in message

"Brian O" wrote in message
[...]

I think I'll suggest to Krause that they publish a Standard Catalog of
Marshall Island Coins. It'd make a fine companion volume to the larger
Standard Catalog of Isle of Man Coins. Just think, this could be the start
of a whole new, lucrative publishing venture for them. Then Liberia, then
Cook Islands, then...etc.

Mr. Jaggers

Old May 26th 06, 06:29 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins

"Brian O" wrote in message

"Brian O" wrote in message
[...]

Maybe one for Franklin Mint also.