HOLIDAY SWAP update

Old November 5th 03, 05:22 AM
BobbyShaw

Default HOLIDAY SWAP update

I've decided I WON'T post a list of responders here to the group since some
people use completely different e-mail address/names/handles than they use in
the newsgroup. I don't want to be responsible for breaking any privacy issues.

But, we've had 14 people respond in the first day! These 14 have committed to
23 different categories. So far, there are 12 commitments in the US
categories, 6 in the world categories, and 5 in potpourri.

I have gotten out all of my confirmation responses to these 14 people. If you
have e-mailed me your form and have NOT received confirmation, let me know
here. I have some alternate sources of e-mail I can use to get away from any
problems AOL may (or may not) cause.

I have *also* gotten out e-mails to everyone that expressed interest in the
SWAP threads over the past couple of weeks. Remember, only by submitting a
"swap form" will you be officially entered into the swap. So, if you really
want to participate, please send back in the entry form (at the bottom of the
e-mails and newsgroup posts).

I will post the form at least every other day until either it looks like we got
all the interested parties or November 16th... whichever comes first.
--
Does olive oil really help with corroded coins? Check out my experiment at:
http://www.mindspring.com/~robe294/o...xperiment.html
Old November 5th 03, 01:06 PM
Eric Babula

(BobbyShaw) wrote in
:

[...]

I haven't done the Swap before, and have a few questions on protocol:

If I sign up for, say, the US Coins $10-$25 category, am I to expect to
receive/send just one coin in that price range? Or, is it feasible that
someone might send me 50 coins, worth $0.50 each? Are there rules set
for this swap?

Just wondering . . . I was thinking one coin, but don't know what has
been done in the past.

Thanks!

--
Smile!!

Eric Babula
Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA
Old November 5th 03, 03:00 PM
BobbyShaw

I haven't done the Swap before, and have a few questions on protocol:

If I sign up for, say, the US Coins $10-$25 category, am I to expect to
receive/send just one coin in that price range? Or, is it feasible that
someone might send me 50 coins, worth $0.50 each? Are there rules set
for this swap?

Just wondering . . . I was thinking one coin, but don't know what has
been done in the past.

Thanks!

You'll get matched up with someone in your same category and price range. The
only way that would have been different was if there was very little
participation in one category (ie. 1 participant), then I might have to match
them into a different price range. But, that doesn't appear to be a problem
anymore (enough participation in the categories right now).

What you send is really up to you. You can get one coin for your price range
or a couple, or even rolls of coins. People reported all occurences last year.
Do a google search and you can see some of the threads from last year with
people reporting what they got. I heard of noone unhappy.

I myself received a stack of BU lincoln cents from the 40's 50's and 60's along
with a couple of other things from my partner. Individually, these are
relatively inexpensive, but cumulatively, they were well into the chosen price
range, and were very welcome, since all my lincoln cents in my album were all
from circulation.

Robert Shaw
Old November 5th 03, 04:16 PM
Eric Babula

(BobbyShaw) wrote in
:

[...]

Thanks! I was just wondering if I needed to send just one coin in that
price range, or if I had latitude to send more than one.

Oh, one more question: In the "Over $25" category, is there a max
dollar amount? I'd hate to rip someone off by giving a $50 gift, and
everyone else normally gives $250 gifts!

Sorry to be a pain. Just wanna be fair.

I'll try to do a Google search for last year.

--
Smile!!

Eric Babula
Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA
Old November 5th 03, 05:17 PM
BobbyShaw

Thanks! I was just wondering if I needed to send just one coin in that
price range, or if I had latitude to send more than one.

Oh, one more question: In the "Over $25" category, is there a max
dollar amount? I'd hate to rip someone off by giving a $50 gift, and
everyone else normally gives $250 gifts!

Sorry to be a pain. Just wanna be fair.

I'll try to do a Google search for last year.

I didn't participate in the top tier categories last year, so some of the
others may have to answer that for you. But you are right. I didn't really
like the idea of open ended price ranges like that, but the majority of the
comments in the suggestions thread said to keep the groups like they were last
year (which used the same price ranges). I *do* know from some of the swap
receipt thread from last year that some people were VERY generous with their
gifts.

Here's a google search that covers everything from November and December of
last year RCC that contained the word "swap" in it. That should hit most of
the threads that dealt with the sending and receiving announcements from the
participants:

http://tinyurl.com/tr2l

Robert Shaw
Old November 6th 03, 03:19 AM
George D

BobbyShaw wrote:

I have *also* gotten out e-mails to everyone that expressed interest in the
SWAP threads over the past couple of weeks. Remember, only by submitting a
"swap form" will you be officially entered into the swap. So, if you really
want to participate, please send back in the entry form (at the bottom of the
e-mails and newsgroup posts).

Bobby I have not received my email yet. If you copied my posting name it probably had my
arizona in the address and will soon be on it's way back to you.

This is the one to use.

Tanks

--
George D
Phoenix, AZ

"A Native American grandfather was talking to his grandson about how he
felt. He said, I feel as if I have two wolves fighting in my heart. One
wolf is the vengeful, angry, violent one. The other wolf is the loving,
compassionate one. The grandson asked him, Which wolf will win the
fight in your heart? The grandfather answered, The one I feed."

Please use this address to mail me. Or remove the arizona in the link.
Remember there is no Arizona.

ALL emails incoming and outgoing are run thru Norton and AVG anti virus.

Old November 6th 03, 03:41 AM
BobbyShaw

Bobby I have not received my email yet. If you copied my posting name it
probably had my
arizona in the address and will soon be on it's way back to you.

This is the one to use.

Tanks

On it's way George! But remember (this is basically to anyone), the form will
be on the bottom of threads entitled "HOLIDAY SWAP entry form". Even if you
had not expressed interest in the swap and I didn't e-mail you. It's certainly
not too late to join in!

Robert Shaw
Old November 6th 03, 04:30 AM
Jim Purcell

"BobbyShaw" wrote in message
[...]

Bobby,
I have received no confirmation message.
JimP

Old November 6th 03, 04:58 AM
BobbyShaw

Bobby,
I have received no confirmation message.
JimP

Hey Jim. I just checked my sent e-mail and your e-mail address within the
form, and I think I found the problem. I have you down for two categories
chosen, but had a slight question as to which sections (US, World, potpourri)
you picked. So, if you don't get my forwarded e-mail, please e-mail me again
to confirm the categories you chose. It doesn't appear I'm having any problems
receiving mail from you.

Thanks!

Robert Shaw