Good eBay Coin Seller Thread

Old February 24th 09, 02:56 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
PC[_7_]

Default Good eBay Coin Seller Thread

The vast majority of posts about eBay sellers are of a negative tone. This
is not really surprising because we often have more to say when we complain.

I want to give an eBay seller some kudos for consistently hitting a rare
trifecta - reasonable prices, low shipping costs, and fast shipping.

The seller is: lccoins

Who is a good (or great) eBay seller you would like to give a "shout out"
to?

Old February 24th 09, 10:24 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
note.boy

"PC" wrote in message
The vast majority of posts about eBay sellers are of a negative tone.
This is not really surprising because we often have more to say when we
complain.

I want to give an eBay seller some kudos for consistently hitting a rare
trifecta - reasonable prices, low shipping costs, and fast shipping.

The seller is: lccoins

Who is a good (or great) eBay seller you would like to give a "shout out"
to?

This could be the shortest ever RCC thread. :-) Billy

Old February 24th 09, 02:45 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Jud

note.boy wrote:

This could be the shortest ever RCC thread. :-) Billy

HAHAHAHA! Billy, you kill me! 8-)
Old February 24th 09, 10:56 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
PC[_7_]

"note.boy" wrote in message

This could be the shortest ever RCC thread. :-) Billy

Haha.

Seriously though, you must have a decent experience at sometime with an eBay
seller. This kind of rampant pessimism is exactly why I tried to start this
thread. Thanks very little for yanking it back in that direction.

Old February 25th 09, 12:34 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
note.boy

"PC" wrote in message

"note.boy" wrote in message

This could be the shortest ever RCC thread. :-) Billy

Haha.

Seriously though, you must have a decent experience at sometime with an
eBay seller. This kind of rampant pessimism is exactly why I tried to
start this thread. Thanks very little for yanking it back in that
direction.

Why don't we all scurry off and report back with any ebay seller who
regularly sells accurately graded coins, or undergraded.

Creak............grind.......................groan ....................that
was the sound of hell freezing over. :-) Billy

Old February 25th 09, 01:26 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Mr. Jaggers

PC wrote:
"note.boy" wrote in message

"PC" wrote in message

"note.boy" wrote in message

This could be the shortest ever RCC thread. :-) Billy

Haha.

Seriously though, you must have a decent experience at sometime
with an eBay seller. This kind of rampant pessimism is exactly why
I tried to start this thread. Thanks very little for yanking it
back in that direction.

Why don't we all scurry off and report back with any ebay seller who
regularly sells accurately graded coins, or undergraded.

Creak............grind.......................groan ....................that
was the sound of hell freezing over. :-) Billy

lccoins

I've dealt with lccoins (not through eBay, but through their retail arm, L &
C Coins) and found them to be very good coin people. There are several RCC
regulars who do a very nice job of representing their eBay offerings as
well. Ira, Tom, and Ken come to mind.

James

James

Old February 25th 09, 01:59 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
note.boy

"PC" wrote in message

"note.boy" wrote in message

"PC" wrote in message

"note.boy" wrote in message

This could be the shortest ever RCC thread. :-) Billy

Haha.

Seriously though, you must have a decent experience at sometime with an
eBay seller. This kind of rampant pessimism is exactly why I tried to
start this thread. Thanks very little for yanking it back in that
direction.

Why don't we all scurry off and report back with any ebay seller who
regularly sells accurately graded coins, or undergraded.

Creak............grind.......................groan ....................that
was the sound of hell freezing over. :-) Billy

lccoins

No sign of a thaw yet, modern US coins in high MS PCGS slabs, hardly
exciting offerings and it's to be expected that modern coins are high grade,
who is a seller that offers old coins that are accurately graded?

Bear in mind that a slabbed coin is not necessarily an accurately graded
one, coins slabbed by CGS UK are supplying me with regular giggles, an
example,

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...m=330303479443

Graded by a person with severe visual impairment, I hope that they don't
drive, it looks to have been whizzed, is a funny colour, that's funny
peculiar not funny ha ha, and looks to have damaged surfaces, and if so is
worth very little.

The seller's claim of being almost EF is way out, no takers so far at the
silly price. Billy

Old February 25th 09, 02:06 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Mr. Jaggers

note.boy wrote:
"PC" wrote in message

"note.boy" wrote in message

"PC" wrote in message

"note.boy" wrote in message

[...]

"Many would grade this coin as EF", eh? They must all be sellers. Billy,
the floodgates have been opened, and Your Fair Land will soon be awash in
overachiever slabbed coins, just as it is over here.

James

Old February 25th 09, 02:08 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
RWF

I've dealt with lccoins (not through eBay, but through their retail
arm, L & C Coins) and found them to be very good coin people. There
are several RCC regulars who do a very nice job of representing their
eBay offerings as well. Ira, Tom, and Ken come to mind.

I have dealt with lccoins and was satisifed with their merchandise and
performance.
I have had several dealings with murphycoins and have always rec'd
properly graded coins, well packed and promptly shipped.
For the most part, I have been satisfied with the coins I've bought off
eBay, say about 95% of the time.
Methinks eBay's modified feedback policy has prompted sellers to be a
bit more customer service oriented.

Winnard has a good football thread going-with himself trippin28track 8 Track Tapes 6 November 1st 04 01:09 PM
Impulse Coin Seller on Ebay Max Coins 0 October 16th 04 12:54 AM
An interesting thread on the eBay coin board K6AZ Coins 35 June 12th 04 02:21 AM
This ought to be a good thread ;-) MarkR Coins 26 March 23rd 04 08:47 PM
Ebay Seller [good experience] ynotan Coins 0 November 22nd 03 09:03 PM