Romancing the Bank teller, Part II

Old November 14th 03, 04:49 AM
frank wight

Default Romancing the Bank teller, Part II

Is everybody getting full service when you
ask/beg for rolls of coins?

I used to ask for the latest statehood quarter
roll...only to be told that they didn't have them
in stock.

So I changed my tune and said "do you have ANY statehood
quarter rolls??" and got one teller to cough up some old
Mississippi rolls and another gave me some Missouri's.

Sometimes the teller will try to give me "the perfect answer"
which sounds something like this:
ROLLS OF STATEHOOD QUARTERS?, LORD NO...WE NEVER GET THEM
IN FACT, I THINK YOU SHOULD GO ASK XYZ BANK...THEY'RE SURE
TO BE OF A TREMENDOUS HELP...

Then the teller gives me this look like: "leave and leave with
a smile on your face, Buster." In hopes of running me out of the office.

To their frustration I pause and give five seconds of silence
and just stand there with a smile and ask: "Okay, no statehood quarters, huh?
well, then, do you have any rolls of..." and half the time
the teller will scurry off to the vault teller to check and
see what they have in stock.

Asking for a roll of something else is my way of checking for
"the kiss-off factor." Because, If I'm going to visit a bank, by golly,
I'm going to leave there with a roll of SOMETHING.
Old November 14th 03, 02:08 PM
MACREAU

Ahaa...I used a better tactic... I do not go to the teller. I befriended one of
the bank officers who sits behind a desk. She is also quite a good looking
woman. When there is a very long line I go to her to do my banking...and get
anyrolls I need if they have it...so far no problems...Would you say devious ?
Maybe..but ..who is worried?
Old November 14th 03, 05:41 PM
JP

frank wight wrote:

Asking for a roll of something else is my way of checking for
"the kiss-off factor." Because, If I'm going to visit a bank, by golly,
I'm going to leave there with a roll of SOMETHING.

Amen Sister.

--
ÐÏࡱá