Stolen Indian Banknotes - Bengal Presidency

Old August 29th 03, 01:51 AM
Garry

Default Stolen Indian Banknotes - Bengal Presidency

After re-reading this post, it might have been inaccurate to quote our site
statistics as 120,000 visits a month.

Our webhost uses Analog 5.32 for calculating site statistics and they
provide a complex explanation of how it counts visits. They state that it is
very difficult to accurately count visits because of a number of reasons,
including whether a visitor came from AOL, how many images are on the site
and whether the internet access provider uses a cache and other factors. As
a result the "visits" they count with their stats are an approximation, so
please do not consider this number as absolute value.

It is, however, the only gauge we have to know whether the site is receiving
more or less visits. I do feel it is fair to say that our statistics have
shown a regular and significant increases in the number of visits. Our
"visit" counter shows more than 1,000,000 visits since July 2002, which if
it was truly accurate would be very satisfying. But as the article states,
it may be low or high; it could be 500,000 or 1,500,000. Any readers with an
interest in this area can learn more about it:
http://www.analog.cx/docs/webworks.html

In any event, I hope visitors can offer help to the collectors who have had
items stolen.

Garry
Webmaster: www.numismondo.com

"Garry" wrote in message
. com...
I received an email today from Kishore Jhunjhunwalla, the author of the
Indian paper Money catalog, about stolen Indian Banknotes from the Bengal
Presidency. These are extremely rare notes most of which I have never seen
except on his website. A few days ago, Ed Kuszmar placed a notice about a
collection of Georgia State banknotes which were stolen on August 8, 2003

in
Atlanta.

As a result of these events, we started a free service to collectors and
dealers to publicize information about stolen items. We currently receive
about 120,000 visits a month on the site so hopefully this will have a
positive affect on the recovery on the stolen items.

Collectors and dealers are encouraged to publicize information about

stolen
items so their rightful owners may recover their property. For detail
information and pictures of the stolen items please visit this new

section:

http://numismondo.com/stolen

Garry