Value of autographs

Old June 24th 08, 08:58 PM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
Stoatgobbler

Default Value of autographs

Hi there,

Is it acceptable on this ng to ask what an indicative value of an
autograph is?

Stoat
--
Stoatgobbler
Old June 24th 08, 10:59 PM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
[email protected]

what is it? is it real? did you get it yourself? do you know where it
came from?
those are important questions when asking the value of anything.

Old June 24th 08, 11:37 PM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
Sue H

Yes he can ask here, but without a photo, nobody can give the value.
Value is determined by a number of things...

Who it is that signed the item
If the person who signed the item is deaceased, rare etc
What the item is that is signed
If it's legit
The condition of the item
the provenance/proof that accompanies (or doesn't) the item
and sometimes on where it's signed (sweetspot, dark area with dark pen
etc)

So unless you include all of this, all you'll get is a wide range of
opinions.... nothing concrete.

Old June 25th 08, 05:19 AM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
[email protected]

are you retarded?

Old June 25th 08, 06:04 AM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
Gummby3[_2_]

Stoat, ignore the rabble. Feel free to ask. Just provide as much
pertinent information as you can:

WHO the person is?
WHERE you got the autograph?
HOW it came into your possession?
WHAT condition it's in?
WHEN you bout the autograph?
If you bought it, what back story came with it? Did you research it?
A link to a clear scan is a necessity.

Even then, you're getting novice opinions, for the most part. The
best thing is to inquire to professional sites like Autograph World.

--

Mike
Gummby3

Old June 25th 08, 02:54 PM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
[email protected]

autographworld doesn't know the value of anything...it's a turn and
burn existence for them. it could be a good autograph for them, but
the value could be $15 as they sell real autographs dirt cheap.

Old June 25th 08, 06:01 PM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
Stoatgobbler

Apologies the question did appear inane, what I was meaning is does this
ng allow you to ask the value of particular autographs.

I have a 6"x9" print of the Silverstone racetrack signed by:
Penti Arikala
Timo Mackinen
Tony Mason
Tony Pond
Anne Hall
Rosemary Smith
Andy Dawson
B Waldesand
Tony Fall

It's genuine but unless you're into 1970's rallying you wouldn't know
who these people are.

Are any of these people "rare"?
--
Stoatgobbler
Old June 25th 08, 06:14 PM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
Sue H

On this one, It's too hard to valuate. This is mostly a pop culture
board... BUT with that said, your item is small so less value on that.
Non-known people so not much value. More value added for multi-signed.
Print equals less value than original... less amount of interested
parties so not too valuable.

However, as they say, in the right auction with the right people
interested in that subject, you could get a decent price. The odds of
that happening not too good. Most people here in the US are into Indy
racing or NASCAR and I don't think many know about the other parts....
so you'd have to sell it where people are interested to make the most.

Still unknown to us... condition, and story behind the graphs. That
can add or subtrack more value.

Old June 25th 08, 06:18 PM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
Sue H

PS These guys aren't the glory days of that sport either so I'd put it
about 100 Euros or less if I was taking a HUGE shot in the dark at a
valuation. That's based upon a small print in average condition
(assuming it's not mint and not in bad shape), signed by several not
in their Heyday but a lot of sigs, sold either in an auction related
to this sport, or for private sale on a board of fans.