RCC Eight reales (aka Cap'n Bucktooth)

Old May 29th 06, 12:44 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins

Default RCC Eight reales (aka Cap'n Bucktooth)

Just a quick note to report that all is well with the Capn' and he is
now with his fourth host (Larry, in TX ).

The previous hosts have been :-

Howard (New Orleans, LA)
Don (Milford, NH)
Tom (Austin, TX)

Future hosts include Eric in Milwaukee and Jud in South Portland.

Don had computer probs and has passed over a couple of bits to me to put
onto a web page. My, doesn't tempis fugit when you're not looking. :-( I
still haven't got round to that yet! (sorry Don) If anyone fancies
taking on the hat of setting up a web page, i'd be grateful. Not
eternally, but grateful none the less.

I am aware that Tom has something calling on his time at present, but
i'm sure the opportunity to record the Cap'n's sojourn with him will
present in due course.

In the meantime, anyone willing to act as a future host please contact
me at bannock - @ - blueyonder -dot- co - dot- uk (without the spaces
and hyphens).

There's no rules other than maximum time allowed as a host = 1 month.
feel free to mutilate the reverse with your initials or whatever your
urge to dremel dictates, but not the obverse. Everything else is
entirely down to your sense of adventure and imagination.

Looks like the Cap'n will see a fair bit of the US, but i was kind of
hoping that at least one non US would step up to the mark and act as a
host. Jeff? How about a spell in the antipodes for the bucktoothed one?
Gogu...there's plenty for him to see in your kneck of the woods.
Christian...you still there? Dik? he's not been to the Netherlands. The
rcc 8 reales was made to travel intercontinental. :-)

Ian
Old May 31st 06, 01:23 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins

Ian wrote in
. uk:

[...]

I was hoping I'd get the Cap'n in time for my trip to Mexico, but that
didn't happen. I figured he'd be a chick magnet, and I'd get lots of
great pics of bikini-clad hotties because of him. Oh well.

Maybe he'll make it to me in time for a camping trip in the Colorado
Rocky Mountains in July! We'll see!

Sounds like the Cap'n is having some fun, though!

--
Eric Babula
Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA

Current auctions by mystr-e:
http://tinyurl.com/6tyal

Old June 1st 06, 02:45 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins

Eric Babula wrote:
I was hoping I'd get the Cap'n in time for my trip to Mexico, but that
didn't happen.

We are at the mercy of the hosts and life rarely goes to plan when it
comes to rcc coins :-). At least we haven't lost track of this one.

Dale has stepped up to the mark and offered his skills vis a vis a web
page. I just need to respond to his email with some data.

I figured he'd be a chick magnet, and I'd get lots of
great pics of bikini-clad hotties because of him. Oh well.

If you saw Howards photos....he's certainly seen a few bikini clad
sights.

Maybe he'll make it to me in time for a camping trip in the Colorado
Rocky Mountains in July! We'll see!

we'll see what we can do. I need to check something out first.

Sounds like the Cap'n is having some fun, though!

He's in for some real treats too by the sounds of things, including a
visit to Madrid, Spain.

All will be revealed in due course of events.
Old June 1st 06, 03:44 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins

Ian wrote in news:aFrfg.79148$wl.62674
@text.news.blueyonder.co.uk:

Eric Babula wrote:
[...]

Sounds like the Cap-n is in for a good time!

I'm jealous of all his travels!

--
Eric Babula
Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA