In memory of Jim

Old January 23rd 04, 02:18 AM
Chrysta Wilson

Default In memory of Jim

It's been suggested to me, and I agree, that something should be done in
Jim's memory from the group.

We had quite a number of organized efforts to render assistance to the
Calder family and to remember Larry, and pay tribute to him.

I think that something along a different line is called for in Jim's
case.

If someone has his home mailing address, I would like to see a card or
some other token of our regard for Jim and our sympathy for his family
sent to him. I have no problem with doing this and gathering the names
if someone can provide the address of his wife.

As far as other efforts to remember Jim, I would like to suggest that we
remember Jim in the way his obituary suggested--each person who wants to
honor Jim should contribute to his or her favorite charity in Jim's
name. It goes along with the wishes of his family, and also fits with
his tradition of giving quietly and without fanfare.

I would also suggest that more random acts of anonymous kindness would
honor Jim's memory better than most other things we could do.

But here are some others:

Toast Jim when you have a glass of wine, or whatever your poison.

Remember him when you hear a kick-butt rock and roll song.

Smile when you envision his response to a dam-fool post.

Think twice before you judge a person here, or anywhere, based on casual
acquaintance, as it seems a few eyes have been opened to the kind of
person Jim was in the past few days here, too late.

--
Chrysta Wilson
'verklempt'

My Collection:
http://www.chrystawilson.com
Old January 23rd 04, 05:09 AM
Ed Hendricks

"Chrysta Wilson" wrote in message

[...]

I don't have his address, but as I said before whoever his swap partner was
should have it......and maybe Bobby Shaw. If you get it and do send a card
on behalf of RCC, please include my name. Thanks for doing this. Just
another example of your kind heart and giving spirit. God bless you.

--
Ed Hendricks
ANA# R178621

Old January 23rd 04, 06:37 AM
Ian

Chrysta Wilson wrote:
[...]

I only have a note of his PO Box address in Riverside. Presumably that
will still be accessible to his family? Any regular RCCer who is looking
for it, let me know via this list and i'll forward it via email to you.

Ian
Old January 23rd 04, 11:16 AM
Ira Stein

Ian writes:

I only have a note of his PO Box address in Riverside. Presumably that
will still be accessible to his family? Any regular RCCer who is looking
for it, let me know via this list and i'll forward it via email to you.

Ian

Coulkd this be his home address?

Feeley, James
708 Cardona Ave
Chula Vista, CA 91910-7818

I don't know if Chula Vista is near Riverside.

Ira Stein
Old January 23rd 04, 12:33 PM
F B

But here are some others:
Toast Jim when you have a glass of wine, or whatever your poison.
Remember him when you hear a kick-butt rock and roll song.
Smile when you envision his response to a dam-fool post.
Think twice before you judge a person here, or anywhere, based on casual
acquaintance, as it seems a few eyes have been opened to the kind of
person Jim was in the past few days here, too late.
--
Chrysta Wilson
'verklempt'
Great ideas, Chrysta. Thanks for reminding all of us.
One reason I hate to grow older, I do seem to lose so many more
friends now.
:-((
Doris

Old January 23rd 04, 01:05 PM
Dale Hallmark

"F B" wrote in message
But here are some others:
Toast Jim when you have a glass of wine, or whatever your poison.
Remember him when you hear a kick-butt rock and roll song.
Smile when you envision his response to a dam-fool post.
Think twice before you judge a person here, or anywhere, based on casual
acquaintance, as it seems a few eyes have been opened to the kind of
person Jim was in the past few days here, too late.
--
Chrysta Wilson
'verklempt'
Great ideas, Chrysta. Thanks for reminding all of us.
One reason I hate to grow older, I do seem to lose so many more
friends now.
:-((
Doris

Doris I have a slightly different take on that!
What I like about getting older is that I seem to lose so many more old
enemies now!

Dale :-)

Old January 23rd 04, 01:34 PM
Ed Hendricks

"Ira Stein" wrote in message

Ian writes:

I only have a note of his PO Box address in Riverside. Presumably
that will still be accessible to his family? Any regular RCCer who is
looking for it, let me know via this list and i'll forward it via
email to you.

Ian

Coulkd this be his home address?

Feeley, James
708 Cardona Ave
Chula Vista, CA 91910-7818

I don't know if Chula Vista is near Riverside.

Ira Stein

No. Chula Vista is south of San Diego, almost to the Mexican
border........over 100 miles SSW of Riverside.

--
Ed Hendricks
ANA# R178621

Old January 23rd 04, 02:06 PM
Art O'Connell

Chrysta,

Please include my name on the card.

Thank you for your kind reminder that we should each provide a remembrance
in the way that speaks from our heart.

Thanks,
&

--
God Bless!
Art

[...]

---

Old January 23rd 04, 03:02 PM
Jerry Dennis

Chrysta, please add my name to the card, as well.

In my tribute to Jim, I'm not going to be hypocritical and say what a loving
and caring individual he was. I'm going to kick up volume on Denis Leary's
most popular song in Jim's honor. I know he would have loved it. I hope
someone does the same in my honor when my time comes.

Jerry
(Look it up; it's on the web.) :-)

Old January 23rd 04, 03:24 PM
Gary Loveless

On Thu, 22 Jan 2004 21:18:36 -0500, Chrysta Wilson
wrote:

[...]

I already emailed ya about the donation thing. get back t me
when you get the chance.

Thanks,

Gary