Budget Holidays.

Old June 20th 09, 01:57 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
rodney

Default Budget Holidays.

Flying my armchair jet around,
when I see an Interesting cancellation on my India issues,
which, by the way is not that easy,
I like to visit, walk around town, kick tyres, and visit the interesting
sites.

So up popped Fazilka, India.
http://cjoint.com/data/gucZdAC2fe.htm

A couple of interesting images from around town.
http://cjoint.com/data/guc3rA70Gz.htm

http://cjoint.com/data/guc4HdN8LN.htm

Old June 20th 09, 06:54 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Tony Clayton[_2_]

In a recent message "rodney" wrote:

Flying my armchair jet around,
when I see an Interesting cancellation on my India issues,
which, by the way is not that easy,
I like to visit, walk around town, kick tyres, and visit the interesting
sites.

So up popped Fazilka, India.
http://cjoint.com/data/gucZdAC2fe.htm

A couple of interesting images from around town.
http://cjoint.com/data/guc3rA70Gz.htm

http://cjoint.com/data/guc4HdN8LN.htm

I can imagine the response from the police if that vehicle appeared
on our M25 motorway here in the UK!

--
Tony Clayton
Coins of the UK :
Old June 20th 09, 07:07 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Joshua McGee[_4_]

On Sat, 20 Jun 2009 08:57:44 +0800, rodney wrote:

"Budget Holidays" makes much more sense with the emphasis on "Holidays"
rather than "Budget". I was trying to parse a vacation from bookkeeping.

--
Joshua H. McGee
San Marino, Los Angeles, California, USA, Earth
Old June 20th 09, 07:27 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
rodney

"Joshua McGee"
"Budget Holidays" makes much more sense with the emphasis on "Holidays"
rather than "Budget". I was trying to parse a vacation from bookkeeping.

You always have interesting perspectives.
I have found in retirement, no income=bookkeeping.

Old June 20th 09, 07:31 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
rodney

I think that "vehicle" started as a Thai style "Tuk Tuk"
then they fitted what looks like a V8
I cannot understand the intelligence however, of standing on the mudguard
eeek!
I cannot see a silencer fitted either.

A nice advertisement for "Rajiv's body shop"

"Tony Clayton"

Old June 20th 09, 10:31 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Victor Manta

"rodney" wrote in message
make that ...No income=No bookkeeping

No income = no freedom. The choice seems obvious...

--
Victor Manta

Old June 22nd 09, 03:38 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Joshua McGee[_4_]

On Sat, 20 Jun 2009 11:31:42 +0200, Victor Manta wrote:

"rodney" wrote in message
make that ...No income=No bookkeeping

No income = no freedom. The choice seems obvious...

Ah, but: "no assets = no freedom", yes?

I'm sure it is evident to everyone on this list that Rodney pursues his
particular collecting interests as an independently-wealthy tycoon. :^)
Those phossick boxes can't be cheap, can they? :^)

Old June 22nd 09, 04:10 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
rodney

"Joshua McGee"
No income = no freedom. The choice seems obvious...

Ah, but: "no assets = no freedom", yes?

Some Eastern religons may have you consider assets=non freedom.
When a friend told me their hobby was to collect stamps
with a proviso none was to be over 10c, I often recall that
when my perceived desire is outside my budget.

I am wealthier than some, and poorer than others, my great asset
as I see it, is the ablity to "let it go" when something really nice
passes by. I have weakened twice and regretted it.
Now I think I am getting the hang of it.

Indeed, phossick boxes have been blown out of the water, the last (that I
wanted)
reaching $260.
Boy, do I miss the days in 2003, when a mob of us used to meet behind the
washing machine repair
shop, and lots would go for $5 to $20, boxes of the stuff.
Peace, a roof over your head, a good meal, a few books and a hobby,
What more could man want?

The internet?
Oh yes, that too

Clean running water?
Oh well, that of course......etc etc ad infinitum as per Monty Python.

I'm sure it is evident to everyone on this list that Rodney pursues his
particular collecting interests as an independently-wealthy tycoon. :^)
Those phossick boxes can't be cheap, can they? :^)

--
Joshua H. McGee
San Marino, Los Angeles, California, USA, Earth
Member: APS, ATA, ISWSC, MBPC
Trade?: http://www.mcgees.org/stamp-offers/

Magic: The Gathering on a Budget The Six-Armed Goddess Cards:- non-sport 0 June 16th 08 02:23 PM
Collecting ancients (on a budget) Anka Coins 21 June 3rd 05 05:45 PM
Larissa on a budget Ian Coins 15 June 10th 04 06:29 AM
Budget Fountain Pens Dave J Pens & Pencils 2 April 19th 04 05:40 PM
My coin budget is shot for a while K6AZ Coins 19 March 26th 04 07:16 PM