Does Money Expire?

Old September 17th 04, 06:51 PM
Scottishmoney

The Euro types have a so called "Rotating Presidency" so we will see an
Irishman, a Portuguese, then a Greek, then a Pole. But no Swedes, no Danes,
no British, because they said no to the Euro currency.

Dave

--
emails to (myuserid).at.lycos.com

Tir nam Beann, nan Gleann, s'nan Gaisgeach - Saor Alba A-Nis!
"Brian" wrote in message
The almighty
greenback will go the way of the French Franc, the German Mark, the

Ruble,
the Peso, etc. Just a matter of time

Think they'll have dead presidents on the US euro??? 8-)
--

Brian Blackwell
SPMC 9522 ANA LM2644

---

Old September 18th 04, 12:29 AM
Darren

Even Rome fell. Yes it took several hundred years of gradual decay and
finally the Huns and Vandals walked in and kicked the door in. The almighty
greenback will go the way of the French Franc, the German Mark, the Ruble,
the Peso, etc. Just a matter of time and lack of confidence.

Wasn't it the Goths that paid some mercenary off to open the gate? Been
there, on Monday in fact. Seen the gate

Thanks
Darren
240 to the pound... those were the days!
Old September 18th 04, 12:30 AM
Darren

On Fri, 17 Sep 2004 13:51:20 -0400, Scottishmoney wrote:

The Euro types have a so called "Rotating Presidency" so we will see an
Irishman, a Portuguese, then a Greek, then a Pole. But no Swedes, no Danes,
no British, because they said no to the Euro currency.

Strictly speaking we weren't asked...

Thanks
Darren
Old September 18th 04, 02:10 AM
Sheldon England

Padraic Brown wrote in message . ..
... though you would be wise not to spend
it at face value.

Unless it's a rag you got on the cheap and feel like experimenting!

Experimenting? Heh. Just stay away from the bleach and the ironing
board, please.

One of the challenges in running a foreign exchange business is
keeping track of which countries' notes are still valid and which have
expired.

Do you run such a business?

Yup. It is one part of our operations. The bulk is in coins and
bullion with an FX department and we sell/custom-make fine jewellery.

If so, how do you keep track?

What the other poster answered with. The MRI guides and updates is
what we use.

How many "old" notes come through such a business? Examples?

Notes from older European countries, the Middle East, Asia. We even
get some old Jamacian and (mostly fake) US Colonial script. Regret I
don't personally work in that department so my knowledge is limited.

FWIW.

- Sheldon

easy money brett Paper Money 0 July 8th 04 09:04 PM
Want Money Read On! Proven Method... C.Reed Paper Money 0 June 1st 04 04:22 AM
Want Money Read On! Proven Method... C.Reed Paper Money 0 June 1st 04 04:11 AM
Money Maker tonio Paper Money 0 December 30th 03 08:26 PM