Farm Fresh... Amy Wynn

Old October 10th 03, 11:42 PM
dahoov2

Default Farm Fresh... Amy Wynn

I did attend today's Farm Fresh Extravaganza which had the
guests no one much cared about... however, Amy Wynn Pastor from
Trading Spaces
http://tlc.discovery.com/fansites/tr...io/bio_09.html
was a delight. She chatted with each guest and they did not herd you
out like cattle. She took photos of those who wanted them and she
shook hands, hugs little kids and was smiling and unpretentious the
whole time. Though low on the totem pole of wanted celeb signatures
maybe, it was well worth meeting her. I could not think of what to
ask her because she would've chatted longer, but all I asked was if
they thought about increasing the budget and she said no, she wishes!

More glad to meet someone like this who actually did the show free
than an obnoctious celeb with a stick up thier butt!
Old October 11th 03, 12:30 AM
pe2

hey dahoov!

rephrase that one, and say "With a baseball bat up their butt" ( Bo
Jackson) last year...Bo thought he was at a card show, instead of a charity
event!

anyway-congrats on the autograph! and by the way-I'll get you a scan of my
Val Kilmer "The Doors" autograph. Looks to cool on the DVD liner card!

happy hunting-
pe2

Old October 11th 03, 02:10 AM
pbtalley

"dahoov2" wrote in message
I did attend today's Farm Fresh Extravaganza which had the
guests no one much cared about... however, Amy Wynn Pastor from
Trading Spaces
http://tlc.discovery.com/fansites/tr...io/bio_09.html
was a delight. She chatted with each guest and they did not herd you
out like cattle. She took photos of those who wanted them and she
shook hands, hugs little kids and was smiling and unpretentious the
whole time. Though low on the totem pole of wanted celeb signatures
maybe, it was well worth meeting her. I could not think of what to
ask her because she would've chatted longer, but all I asked was if
they thought about increasing the budget and she said no, she wishes!

More glad to meet someone like this who actually did the show free
than an obnoctious celeb with a stick up thier butt!

Congrats, Sue. I wonder if you had the opportunity to speak with anyone as
to how they selected the autograph guests this year. I would love to know
who thought that a pro wakeboarder would be able to draw people in to the
show...and after all, isn't that what they are there to do..get more people
in the door to raise money for the CHKD. Nothing against Amy...we met her a
few months ago when they were in town shooting Trading Spaces, as my wife
wanted her to sign the book based on the show, and you are right, she was
great. But over the years, the FFE has always had at least one "major" draw
and this year they just didn't do it. Like you, I'm curious as to why.

Brian

Old October 11th 03, 03:02 AM
dahoov2

Actually, yes I did ask! I asked the two ladies at the table...

They told me the name of the lady who books the guests and I said,
that although Trading Spaces was nice and all, why didn't they shoot
for bigger celebs. She didn't know she told me that I think she said
(Mary Savo or something like that) did the booking and would
appreciate probably input. You KNEW I was gonna ask!

The thing is that no one gets paid to do this show. They do it free I
believe. They are only reimbursed for travel/hotel. So getting
guests I think is tough for them. And at $3 a photo...

what I'd suggest is more like a con. Have the Farm fresh thing, but
draw a larger crowd by getting bigger guests and sell photos for
$10-$5 and give half to the celeb. People would buy it... and if they
people won't (a lot of people who go to this event go there for
freebies and cheap stuff; not the sort of crowd who's got a lot for
charity) offer those people the same $3 photos and smaller celebs...
Just have one or two big draws. They'd draw more people, make more
money and they need to advertise more! I told the girl I'd call and
maybe I can give them an idea or two. They need help!

On Sat, 11 Oct 2003 01:10:31 GMT, "pbtalley"
wrote:

.. .

Old October 11th 03, 03:06 AM
dahoov2

I should've gotten Val too! The Doors or the Saint or Top Gun
would've been cool to get signed. Congrats.

Speaking of Bats (LOL) my hubby is a Cubs fan (lived in Waukegan most
of his life) and I a Sox fan (us Rhode Islanders have no team so all
we got is the Sox). Will be cool to see if they can play each other.

I'd love to get a couple sigs for hubby, but considering their postion
now, probably next to impossible! I guess the dream lineup would be
Sosa, Alou and Ramirez... maybe next year...

Old October 11th 03, 09:28 PM
pe2

yep-

i'd be willing to fork over 10$ or more, if they brought in a classic TV
land star, or a big name in general. I don't mind helping out CH-KD, but i'd
like to see a big name come thru!

happy hunting-
pe2

Old October 11th 03, 09:30 PM
pe2

yep-

i'd be willing to fork over more $$$$, if FFE would bring a big name star!

Old October 12th 03, 04:59 AM
grayranee

"pe2" wrote in message ...
yep-

i'd be willing to fork over more $$$$, if FFE would bring a big name star!

Good going Dahoov, you are great, can you get some more big names,
next thing you know you will be scooping the collectors when you get
jared the subway guy, or the ducks prints from the aflac commercials.
You are the best collector and you get such good people. If the farm
fresh is the best you can do, you should stay home and masturbate, It
will be more fun for you. I heard farm fresh is going to bring in the
budweiser clydesdales, you can get their hoofprints on a piece of
paper, that would be great. Keep up the great work, your in persons
are an inspiration to all collectors.
Old October 12th 03, 01:11 PM
pbtalley

Good going Dahoov, you are great, can you get some more big names,
next thing you know you will be scooping the collectors when you get
jared the subway guy, or the ducks prints from the aflac commercials.
You are the best collector and you get such good people. If the farm
fresh is the best you can do, you should stay home and masturbate, It
will be more fun for you. I heard farm fresh is going to bring in the
budweiser clydesdales, you can get their hoofprints on a piece of
paper, that would be great. Keep up the great work, your in persons
are an inspiration to all collectors.

Jesus pal.....don't be such an asswipe. A google search shows that you have
made three posts to this group At least under the name "grayranee") all of
them of the smart-ass variety. If you have nothing better to contribute,
why don't you find a group that has something that would probably be more
to your liking, like child pornography or beastiality.

Brian