calling all autograph collectors

Old August 24th 06, 12:06 PM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
Robert Gregson

Default calling all autograph collectors

Take a look at this site www.acogb.co.uk and tell me what you think?

Old August 24th 06, 06:30 PM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
Stuart Cheese - DCI

Really Ugly

Sorry, just my opinion

"Robert Gregson" wrote in message
o.uk...
Take a look at this site www.acogb.co.uk and tell me what you think?

Old August 24th 06, 09:39 PM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
Bill Plenge

Robert Gregson wrote:
Take a look at this site www.acogb.co.uk and tell me what you think?

Red on green motif is a poor choice, red/green colorblindness is the most
common type. I also dislike the pop up ads and the banner across the top
sellin gpop up blockers. In short, first impression was such a turn off I
left the site almost immediately, if it actaully had any useful content I'd
never stick around to see it.

Old August 24th 06, 10:14 PM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
barefoot

is this a start up? are you trying to start a group?
great idea...but bill has made some very, very valid points...it just
needs work...please keep working on it...more groups out there means
more information to make informed purchases/ choices.
mike

Old August 24th 06, 11:09 PM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
SBFan2000

Really not the best color scheme! One thing I've learned is that having a
graphic background takes away from the page. I made that mistake on many of
my early pages. I've learned to keep the background a lite solid color and
if you insist on a graphic in the background it should be very light so it's
basically a watermark. Otherwise it detracts from the page and makes things
hard to read.

Also learned that links should generally not be complicated graphics. It
really makes things cluttered. If you what links to others' pages by
posting their graphic then you should resize them so there all the same
size.

This is just IMHO, I'm self taught so I certainly don't know it all. Just a
few friendly suggestions.

"Stuart Cheese - DCI" wrote in
message ...

Old August 24th 06, 11:52 PM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
Sue H

All the comments from everyone are a little harsh; I think he was
referring to content (that's what matters most anyway). Taste is
subjective. I've had people email me wallpaper emails that were so
busy I couldn't read the emails and had to highlight everything to
read it, yet they were pleased as punch with their new backgrounds..

However with that said, I agree on the red/green. If you want to do
that, it's fine but tone matters. I've used red and green here, and
it's readable. You just might want to change the color of one...
Here's the red/green page:
http://www.starwarsautographcollecti...e2Template.htm
and here's where I used cartoon colors like you have:
http://www.starwarsautographcollecti...oTemplate.html
and
http://www.starwarsautographcollecti...esTemplate.htm

You note that though I used insane colors, there's one thing
happening; darker tones with white or very light words or opposite:
light color backgrounds with dark wording. And where words are, those
areas are blank; this way the focus is on the content; not the
background.

Not that my design style is correct; but I think it makes it easier
for the viewer to find things and know what the site is about.

Old August 25th 06, 01:03 AM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
barefoot

sorry about that...i wasn't trying to come off as harsh. i was trying
to say that i like the idea..just some ideas need to be fleshed out a
little more.