What's New at Classical Coins

Old September 6th 06, 02:41 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Dave Welsh

Default What's New at Classical Coins

We've just added another large new selection of desirable ancient coins to www.classicalcoins.com. To quickly review these additions, visit our New Listings page. This latest addition to our coin listings is an eclectic mix of nice Greek, Roman, Parthian and Sasanian coins without any particular theme, but including many desirable specimens. We would suggest that you visit all pages of our store, if you have not yet done so. Our previous listings have not yet been repriced to reflect recent increases in ancient coin prices, and there are many particularly outstanding bargains among the rapidly dwindling stock of coins listed in 2003 and 2004.

If a coin you are searching for is not listed, that does not mean that we don't have it. We always have a large inventory of coins and numismatic literature not yet listed for sale, and will gladly help customers fill want lists, and locate difficult to find coins. For assistance, telephone us at 805-562-8619 or send an email to .

Don't forget to visit our VCoins store, located at
http://www.vcoins.com/ancient/classicalcoins/store , where you will find a different stock of fine ancient coins, to which a large new selection has recently been added.

A new Yahoo discussion list, eFakes-L has recently been started, of interest to adventurous souls who dare to prospect for ancient coins on eBay. At one time eBay was a good place to buy ancient coins, but during the last few years fraud has become so outrageous that I refuse to buy or sell collectibles on eBay. I have long been a vocal critic of the way eBay callously allows notorious repeat sellers of fakes and forgeries to defraud unsuspecting collectors.

A very large effort was made so that Classical Coins would be a friendly, helpful place for newcomers to collecting ancient coins to get an honest, informative introduction to the subject. Of course, an equally large effort was put into making Classical Coins an interesting, informative place for more advanced collectors. Many visitors who are only focused on viewing our coin listings don't realize how much useful information is available on our Introduction and Resources pages.

With that focus on educating and helping collectors, it is not surprising that I find such rampant fraud particularly offensive. I have decided to do something about it, and if you would like to help, you are welcome to join eFakes-L .

Classical Coins now hosts the FAQ page for that new list, as well as for the Unidroit-L discussion list focusing on cultural property law.

Dave Welsh
Classical Coins
www.classicalcoins.com