Best way to get to rccn (this group) now?

Old October 30th 04, 03:14 AM
webjon

Default Best way to get to rccn (this group) now?

How does everyone use rec.collecting.cards.non-sports (rccn) now? I
can't seem to find a reliable news service that will allow me to post,
so I've been using my ISPs service to read messages, but I have to go
out to Google to post (it's a pain).

Jon
jon (@) webjon (dot) com

Old October 31st 04, 04:52 AM
Jen Badham

i'm using the news manager that is attached to outlook express and have
never had any trouble posting. i haven't tried outlook proper because it has
too much other rubbish, but express is good if you use IE as your browser.

jen

oups.com...

Old October 31st 04, 01:27 PM
Lynne Stewart

Even if you're ISP is not where you get your email, they likely DO offer it
and therefore have an SMTP server that you can set up to send messages
through. For example, I use portbridge.com. They have a news server
news.portbridge.com and I then set up express with smtp service to reply to
messages. You need to know what their set up is (which is usually either
smtp.xxx.com or xxx.com and then your password. It may be on their website.

Lynne

Likely the
"Jen Badham" wrote in message
i'm using the news manager that is attached to outlook express and have
never had any trouble posting. i haven't tried outlook proper because it
has
too much other rubbish, but express is good if you use IE as your browser.

jen

oups.com...

Old October 31st 04, 02:15 PM
Over_worked Mom

I can't seem to get here through Comcast, so I come through Google now
too exclusively. Don't know what I'm doing wrong, but I'm sure Rob
will fix it when he gets up

Old October 31st 04, 05:53 PM
Paul B.

I'm accessing the NG via my ISP - the updating is a little erratic (for
example, I haven't got Jon's original post yet, but I HAVE got the replies
from Lynne and OWM - Hi both!) but it's convenient

If I need to search for something, I'll usually drop into Google and search
from there.
Au Res.,
Paul

--