Jukebox Enthusiasts, Collecting.......

Old April 14th 21, 04:37 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
Ronald Miller

Default Jukebox Enthusiasts, Collecting.......

I'm honestly interested in opinions concerning the direction of jukebox collecting as a whole, particularly with the newer made 1015 boxes. I'd like to get a collector's view overall, (and not a salesman's view), and is why I'm posting:

- Is there a big interest-following for the recreated jukeboxes, (Antique
Apparatus, One-More-Time, etc)?
- Which is more desirable? Vinyl or CD Boxes? Are people opting for
the convenience of vinyl playing boxes, or the larger selection of
CD playing boxes?
- Is there an honorable interest for the "Non-1015" recreations, (Gazelle,
Peacock, Harley Davidson, etc)?
- Are there any notable problems with their performance, (breakdowns,
sound quality, etc)?
- Overall, are all jukebox prices increasing considerably because so
many are being imported?

I know it's all about what the buyer happens to like, and the newer creations come with much glitter and a great sound. Then again, should I make such a purchase, the day will probably come when I'd like to move on and sell it for perhaps another vintage machine, or just to downsize. Do these boxes have a reasonable resale value?

All opinions are appreciated. If you have anything you'd like to add, please do! Thanks in advance!
Ron

Old April 14th 21, 05:34 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
John Robertson

On 2021/04/14 8:37 a.m., Ronald Miller wrote:
[...]

I think this posting is a bit delayed, from perhaps the early 1990s.

John :-#(#

John's Jukes Ltd.
(604)872-5757 (Pinballs, Jukes, Video Games)
www.flippers.com
Old April 14th 21, 08:22 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
Ronald Miller

Nope, John,

I just posted this, this morning, 4/14/2021.

Old April 14th 21, 11:37 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
John Robertson

On 2021/04/14 12:22 p.m., Ronald Miller wrote:
Nope, John,

I just posted this, this morning, 4/14/2021.

I think this posting is a bit delayed, from perhaps the early 1990s.

John :-#(#

My point was, the manufacturers you listed are all gone. I think only
Rockola and Sound Leisure (UK) are making anything remotely jukeboxish
right now.

Market appears to be shrinking as people who knew jukeboxes age out and
fewer young folks are interested in them.

Spare parts companies for jukeboxes are either folding up (Victory
Glass, A1, Durfee Coin) or cutting back likethe folks in the Netherlands.

I'd say jukeboxes are fun, and a fine investment, but the market is
currently shrinking...

We are still quite active in jukeboxes, but it been a smaller part of
our business for many years, not the main component as it was in the 70s
and 80s.

Things could change - some film or TV show which features a jukebox
could become the next in thing and, like Happy Days, start a new
generation off into Jukeland!