interesting JVC speakers-what vintage ?

Old August 15th 06, 01:36 PM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes
Dwight D. Eisenhower

Default interesting JVC speakers-what vintage ?

http://i7.tinypic.com/24o4tbl.jpg

I recently ran across these at an acquaintance's home- he was moving
and had these stored there, and didn't have the space at his new
apartment for them. I ended up getting these speakers and a huge
Kenwood amp for $50 lot price.

Does anyone know what vintage they are ? They have a JVC logo on them.

They have one large 12" woofer, 2 mids, 2 tweeters, and one tiny piezo
tweeter- also (2) adjustable crossovers for mid and high, and (2) bass
ports.

I gave them a good 3 hour test run last weekend- imaging with my SEP
tube amp was amazing.

Are they worth anything ? They also have removeable front grills with
wooden lattice design.

thanks in advance !

Old August 15th 06, 04:58 PM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes
DeserTBoB

On 15 Aug 2006 05:36:48 -0700, "Dwight D. Eisenhower"
wrote:

http://i7.tinypic.com/24o4tbl.jpg

I recently ran across these at an acquaintance's home- he was moving
and had these stored there, and didn't have the space at his new
apartment for them. I ended up getting these speakers and a huge
Kenwood amp for $50 lot price. snip

More fodder for your fraudBay empire, eh, Noodles?

These speakers were garbage. ANYTHING with a piezo tweeter is
garbage....period.
Old August 15th 06, 08:10 PM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes
455 Pontiac on premium Sunoco-chariot of the gods

wrote:

http://i7.tinypic.com/24o4tbl.jpg

I recently ran across these at an acquaintance's home- he was moving
and had these stored there, and didn't have the space at his new
apartment for them. I ended up getting these speakers and a huge
Kenwood amp for $50 lot price. snip

More fodder for your fraudBay empire, eh, Noodles?

These speakers were garbage. ANYTHING with a piezo tweeter is
garbage....period.

oh, in that case I'll put them out for trash...

NOT !!

no one takes the tech advice you give- you're always wrong

Old August 15th 06, 10:47 PM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes
DeserTBoB

On 15 Aug 2006 12:10:23 -0700, "455 Pontiac on premium Sunoco-chariot
of the gods" wrote:

no one takes the tech advice you give- you're always wrong snip

Everyone does, EXCEPT you, but you're an idiot.

Old August 16th 06, 10:52 AM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes

wrote:

http://i7.tinypic.com/24o4tbl.jpg

I recently ran across these at an acquaintance's home- he was moving
and had these stored there, and didn't have the space at his new
apartment for them. I ended up getting these speakers and a huge
Kenwood amp for $50 lot price. snip

More fodder for your fraudBay empire, eh, Noodles?

These speakers were garbage. ANYTHING with a piezo tweeter is
garbage....period.

these have 3 tweeters each

Old August 16th 06, 02:29 PM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes
DeserTBoB

On 16 Aug 2006 02:52:40 -0700, "Rusted out 455 Pontiac on overpriced
premium Sunoco-chariot of the Nudo the white trasher"
wrote:

these have 3 tweeters each snip

3 tweeters = PHASE SMEAR
Old August 17th 06, 06:48 AM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes
Andy

1 or 3 dont matter i changed em all

--
AL'S COMPUTERS
"455 Pontiac on premium Sunoco-chariot of the gods" wrote in

Old August 17th 06, 02:18 PM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes
Dwight D. Eisenhower

wrote:

http://i7.tinypic.com/24o4tbl.jpg

I recently ran across these at an acquaintance's home- he was moving
and had these stored there, and didn't have the space at his new
apartment for them. I ended up getting these speakers and a huge
Kenwood amp for $50 lot price. snip

More fodder for your fraudBay empire, eh, Noodles?

These speakers were garbage. ANYTHING with a piezo tweeter is
garbage....period.

these have 3 tweeters each

the smallest tweeter in that JVC cabinet is actually a horn tweeter
anyway

Old August 17th 06, 05:29 PM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes
DeserTBoB

On 17 Aug 2006 06:18:26 -0700, "Dwight D. Eisenhower"
wrote:

the smallest tweeter in that JVC cabinet is actually a horn tweeter
anyway snip

Probably a piezo horn. The Japs went nuts over those (for $2 apiece)
when they came out in the '70s....even Yamaha-ha-ha had them on some
of their horrid systems.