Avery Brooks (I Can't Believe It!)

Old July 18th 03, 06:11 PM
Tarkus Shadow

Default Avery Brooks (I Can't Believe It!)

Finally, I got a signed trading card (He must have kept the other). It either
had to come from the NJ addy or L.C. Productions ( I sent an 8x10 c/o
Paramount). I sent back in 2000 (33 cent + 1cent stamps, they added 3 cent)
with a sticker on the back saying "Please excuse the delay in reply. We have
moved and the series is now over. Thanks for watching and being a fan. Look
forward to seing(misspelled)you soon". Any way, I had sent 2 trading cards but
only got the "Master Series II" back (Sisko with hair) signed in blue
ballpoint, they also sent like a computer printed ( about the size of an index
card) "signature" card with a pic of Sisko (no hair), signed in thin blue
sharpie. Postmarked from Oakland, CA.
It really was a (wonderful) Surprise!

Peace, (Hey Joe!!!)
Paul
Old July 20th 03, 07:01 PM
Russell Simon

Hate to bust your bubble, but I've heard that most, if not all Avery
Brooks sigs through the mail now are signed by someone else for him.

There's a chance your might be different, though. Have you been able to
verify whether it's authentic or not?

Also, what addy is he using nowadays?

Old July 20th 03, 07:14 PM
Tarkus Shadow

Avery
Brooks sigs through the mail now are signed by someone else for him.

I saw an article somewhere on the net years ago where He said he had his Sister
sign his fan mail and got so good he couldn't tell the difference, I'm not sure
(and no expert) but the AV in Avery are different then most of the examples
I've seen around. I had also bought an 8x10 from a girl on Ebay, that said her
father got it TTM during the 1st season of DS9 and it's a little different, so
I guess I'll hope one of them is "real" lol.

Peace,
Paul
Old July 20th 03, 07:19 PM
Tarkus Shadow

Also, what addy is he using nowadays?

I sent to all 3 addy's listed on stararchive.com, all of them are now listed as
RTS, I know it wasn't c/o Paramount (sent 8x10 there). It was probably the LC
Productions addy, but not sure!

Peace again,
Paul
Old July 21st 03, 09:11 PM
Bjwebb3749

I have an in-person Avery Brooks on my site, if comparing them would help.
Last I heard, he teaches at Rutgers, so I would think a NJ address would be the
best bet. Also, he is not fond at all of the images of Sisco with hair, but
possibly he would be willing to sign one. Hope he did for you.
BJ
http://bjwebb3749.tripod.com/bjscelebritysigns/