(RCSD) Ralphael new post

Old November 19th 07, 09:32 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
[email protected]

Default (RCSD) Ralphael new post

On Sun, 18 Nov 2007 18:44:33 -0700, John DeBoo

On Nov 17, 9:45 pm, "rodney" wrote:

"rodney" wrote in message

wrote in message news:2aecc8cc-7074-4d7b-b6d8-

start up 15 items. No Norton, Firewall or other speed bumps.
I only do minimal email, it is too much of a drag.
Desktop comes up in seconds from a cold start, not the 2 plus minutes
previously.

Have your free antivirus up and running in minutes,

Ooops that was the antispyware

tryhttp://free.grisoft.com/doc/2/us/frt/0

Sorry.

AdAware is best antispyware program I have found.

RtOo

I suggest you also do SpyBot as it finds things AdAware doesn't and visa
versa. Between them them seem to catch everything and do not have
problems existing on the same PC - in my experience anyway. And both
are free spyware apps.

Further, SpyBot has some "features" in the Advanced Tools area which
can help in some oft hidden or hard to find area under 'doZE, such as
the Startup stuff which is a small b____h to change without it.

So, with Ad Aware, SpyBot and a "native" poop catcher by your ISP, if
they provide it, you should be fairly in good shape. Mine is by
Computer Associates. I also keep AVG around for good measure.
Old November 20th 07, 10:44 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
[email protected]

On Nov 17, 9:45 pm, "rodney" wrote:

"rodney" wrote in message

[...]

Computer Associates. I also keep AVG around for good measure.- Hide quoted text -

I passionately hate those ads that advertise free downloads and suck
you in and you find their homepage is the only freebie you get.
Bottom line is that I no longer have a love relationship with the
computer. I only use it for this newsgroup and Freecell, rarely
anyrhing else. I check Bombay twice a month for new joint issues,
Herrick is out because of the lousy website and low number of new
issues.
I am depending on the group to keep me informed. You guys did a good
job with all of the good advice.

Ralphael, the OLD one.
Old November 20th 07, 02:12 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
rodney

wrote in message news:90b08da4-5b58-46b1-8ab5-

I passionately hate those ads that advertise free downloads and suck
you in and you find their homepage is the only freebie you get.

I'm with you on that one, and it's why I also hate pornography,
It's indecent, it's immoral and the lighting's always terrible.

Old November 21st 07, 12:13 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
[email protected]

On Nov 17, 9:45 pm, "rodney" wrote:

"rodney" wrote in message

[...]

I have noticed that myself. Free! Free! Free! Sheesh... actually,
it is costing you time and effort playing around with those "FREE"
downloads. Then they go ka-put on you in a few days.

So, when searching for FREE on the 'Net, be careful how you word it or
you'll get 10 trillion replies.
Old November 22nd 07, 03:05 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
[email protected]

On Nov 17, 9:45 pm, "rodney" wrote:

"rodney" wrote in message

[...]

Got AdAware up and running. Spybot is still being considered. Verizon
is charging me $24 per month for their security program. I don't like
yhat and will probably dump it.
What is your best advice for an alternate "poop catcher"?
I was looking at a couple of the programs to erase my tracks, which I
would like to do. One I looked at did a scan and found quite a list of
stuff to remove. The trouble is the Elite version is $99. I am still
debating if I want my tracks erased that bad.
gimme some feedback yank.

RtOo
Old November 25th 07, 03:22 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
[email protected]

On Nov 17, 9:45 pm, "rodney" wrote:

"rodney" wrote in message

[...]

What? That's ridiculous! I only pay $4.99 / month and that was after
a free year. Further, it is on 4 PCs, so I only pay about $1.25 each
/ month. Not bad...

What is your best advice for an alternate "poop catcher"?

Call them and ask them if they're nuts or not. It may be $24 / year,
but per month, download AVG.

I was looking at a couple of the programs to erase my tracks, which I
would like to do. One I looked at did a scan and found quite a list of
stuff to remove. The trouble is the Elite version is $99. I am still
debating if I want my tracks erased that bad.
gimme some feedback yank.

jv16 Power Tools has a lot of GREAT registry and file management
features. I believe it is under $20 ? You can email me about it,
I'll tell you more. :^)