ID questions

Old November 13th 07, 07:12 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Jan Doggen

Default ID questions

Hello people

It's about time I had a personal website, especially for stamp stuff.
So far only ID questions and a link page.
Could you take a quick look at
http://www.jandoggen.org/Stamps/StampIdentify.htm and see if anything is
familiar? I'm always surprised at the combined knowledge that is present in
this NG ;-)

Feel free to contribute anything to the links page if you like.
My intention is to have this be a resource for others; why else make it
public?

Bye,
and thanks in advance.

Jan

Old November 13th 07, 08:56 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Pierre Courtiade

Jan Doggen wrote :

Hello people

It's about time I had a personal website, especially for stamp stuff.
So far only ID questions and a link page.
Could you take a quick look at
http://www.jandoggen.org/Stamps/StampIdentify.htm and see if anything
is familiar? I'm always surprised at the combined knowledge that is
present in this NG ;-)

Feel free to contribute anything to the links page if you like.
My intention is to have this be a resource for others; why else make
it public?

Bye,
and thanks in advance.

Jan

Hello Jan,

I had a quick look to your nice site.
Here are some first answers.
F5 Thüringen stamps

You write :
I can't find Thüringen in my catalogue.
I'm using Yvert 1992 Tomes 3 (Timbres d'Europe de l' ouest)
and 4 (Timbres d'Europe de l' est).
Where should I look?

Not so easy to find Thüringen in Yvert as this region (around Erfürt in
Germany) is not listed in Yvert's index (it is listed in Scott's :
Soviet
occupation zones in Germany)

In my Yvert 2003 Tome 3 1ère partie (Timbres d'Europe de l' ouest)
it is on pages 289 and 290.

To find it in your 1992 issue, look after Allemagne Fédérale, then
Allemagne Berlin, then Allemagne Orientale, which begins with
ZONE SOVIETIQUE D'OCCUPATION
then
Berlin (Soviet sector)
Mecklemboug-Pomeranie
Saxe
Saxe Occidentale
Saxe Orientale
and ... at last ...
THURINGE

Your stamps were issued in 1945-46 :

6 pf green Yvert Nr 4 - cat value 2 Euros used like yours
20 pf blue Yvert Nr 7 - cat value 3 Euros MNH 1 Euro MH
12 pf pink Yvert Nr 6 - cat value 3 Euros MNH 1 Euro MH

Please note that stamps Nr Yvert 1 to 8 are with "gomme économisée"
(I imagine this means that the gum is quite scarce)

The same stamps do exist under Yvert Nrs 9 to 16 "Pleine gomme"
(Fully gummed ?)

Scott does not mention these different gums. It lists those stamps
between Germany and German Democratic Rebublic
(Volume 3 page 130 in my 1999 issue).
F6 Provinz Sachsen

You write :
Is this transparent stamp for real?
Where do I find it?
Yvert 1992 Tome 3 (Timbres d'Europe de l' ouest)
has only listing for Saxe from 1850-1867.

Issued 21 Feb 1945
You will find it in Yvert "Timbres d'Europe de l' ouest"
under "Saxe" (please see my previous text to locate Soviet occupation
zone of Saxe in your Yvert 1992).

This stamp exists on normal paper (I have it somewhere in my shoe boxes
:-) and like yours on "papier pelure" (i.e. thin or transparent paper).

6 pf breen Yvert Nr 20A - cat value 0.50 Euro MNH 0.15 Euro MH
(Scott Nr 13N15)

C7 Lundy : this is definitely a cinderella !!!

I may give you some further answers as some other of your stamps seem
familiar to me, but I need some more time to search for them;

--
All the best,
Pierre Courtiade

to answer me, please replace NOSPAM by my family name

Old November 13th 07, 09:06 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Tony Vella

"Jan Doggen" wrote in message
Hello people

It's about time I had a personal website, especially for stamp stuff.
So far only ID questions and a link page.
Could you take a quick look at
http://www.jandoggen.org/Stamps/StampIdentify.htm and see if anything is
familiar? I'm always surprised at the combined knowledge that is present
in this NG ;-)

Feel free to contribute anything to the links page if you like.
My intention is to have this be a resource for others; why else make it
public?

Hello Jan.

C12 are from a series of 10 Japanese parcel post revenues issued in 1898
(26mm x 32mm - perf 14).
Hope this helps.
--
Tony Vella, Ottawa, Canada
http://tv-stamps.shorturl.com

Old November 13th 07, 11:46 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
rodney

"Pierre Courtiade" wrote in message

C7 Lundy : this is definitely a cinderella !!!

Nonononononnono........a "local"

Old November 14th 07, 12:19 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Peter Baumann[_2_]

Jan Doggen schrieb:
Hello people

It's about time I had a personal website, especially for stamp stuff.
So far only ID questions and a link page.
Could you take a quick look at
http://www.jandoggen.org/Stamps/StampIdentify.htm and see if anything is
familiar? I'm always surprised at the combined knowledge that is present in
this NG ;-)

Feel free to contribute anything to the links page if you like.
My intention is to have this be a resource for others; why else make it
public?

Bye,
and thanks in advance.

Jan

c2 = Russia Revenue stamps (about 1900)
c5 = Egypt Revenue stamp
c6 = Sweden Revenue stamp
c11 = Lybia Arab Republic (revenue)
c13 = North Korea
f2 = 1950
f3 = Russia West army under gen. Awaloff-Bermondt - did not come into
postal use. Other issues do exist genuine used (very scarce)

Peter
Old November 14th 07, 12:53 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
rodney

"Jan Doggen" wrote in message

C1: bulgaria SG0054 (1889) T0007 05s small lion [0m1] green .jpg

C4: Russia cinderella 1922 "odessa famine issue"
several printings perf 11.5

C7: Lundy channel island local

C9:bulgaria SG0229 (1921) T0025 50s view [0m2] tirnovo city orange .jpg

C12: series of 10 Japanese parcel post revenues issued in 1898
(26mm x 32mm - perf 14) [c/0 Mr. Tony Vella].

F1 Russia SG1066 (1944) 60k stamp [avail in error missing red] .jpg

F3: Russia Western Army
Russia - Stamps issued by the army of the West.

It was led by Count Paul Mikhailovitch Awaloff-Bermondt, a
White Russian adventurer who sought, under the German
/ Polish General Rüdiger von der Goltz to create a German
controlled Latvia and to restore a Russian Czar in the Baltic
Provinces, in 1919. Defeated, he fled to Denmark.

There has been some debate in philatelic circles as
to whether the stamps served some postal use within
the area controlled by this army.

F7 : 1985 SG2811 02k

Old November 14th 07, 01:07 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Paul Herber

On Tue, 13 Nov 2007 21:56:05 +0100, "Pierre Courtiade"
wrote:

Jan Doggen wrote :

Hello people

It's about time I had a personal website, especially for stamp stuff.
So far only ID questions and a link page.
Could you take a quick look at
http://www.jandoggen.org/Stamps/StampIdentify.htm

C6 is a Swedish documentary revenue stamp, used from 1895 to 1968 whem
a new issue of different design was released. Values went from 5ore to
25000Kr and maybe higher. Wavy line watermark with 3 different
perforations: 11, 12.5 or 13.

C7 - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lundy
an island in the Bristol Channel, not the English Channel.

--
Regards, Paul Herber, Sandrila Ltd.
Electronics for Visio http://www.electronics.sandrila.co.uk/
Old November 14th 07, 01:09 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
rodney

Please note that stamps Nr Yvert 1 to 8 are with "gomme économisée"
(I imagine this means that the gum is quite scarce)

I remember once reading when gum arabic was scarce
the gum was applied in a hatch formation, similar looking
to your 15c quadrille wmk.
I wonder if that applies to these issues?

Old November 14th 07, 01:43 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Pierre Courtiade

I wrote :
C7 Lundy : this is definitely a cinderella !!!

Rodney :
Nonononononnono........a "local"

That's right

Old November 14th 07, 01:45 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Pierre Courtiade

Default About gum [was ID questions]

http://www.jandoggen.org/Stamps/StampIdentify.htm
on
F5 Thüringen stamps

Rodney wrote :

I remember once reading when gum arabic was scarce
the gum was applied in a hatch formation, similar looking
to your 15c quadrille wmk.
I wonder if that applies to these issues?

Hi Rod,

I remember also having seen this kind of gum apparently applied through
a screen (hatch) ; I forgot on which stamp :-((

In that case the pace was very narrow (may be a 5th of a millimeter)
compared to the pace of the grid watermark in the French Peace and
Commerce stamp (about 5 millimeters - 10 times more)

This is the first time I was reading something on this "gomme
économisée".
I will ask on the French speaking philately news-group if somebody is
aware of it.

--
All the best,
Pierre

E-bay questions kathy1945 Coins 27 September 7th 07 09:57 PM
2 questions! Joe Autographs 2 June 3rd 07 03:05 PM
What happens when...(and a few questions also duh!) Lorena R.L Autographs 12 February 5th 06 12:47 AM
Ami R-89 Questions Paul Bell Juke Boxes 1 March 3rd 04 03:19 AM
NSM 240-I questions... ThomasTeeter Juke Boxes 0 October 11th 03 11:26 PM