some finds

Old May 10th 11, 04:40 PM posted to rec.collecting.books
Jean B.

Default some finds

Francis A. Miniter wrote:
On 5/8/2011 17:55 PM, HardyBoys.us wrote:
"Francis A. wrote in message
There are some beds that have bookshelves built into the headboards.
Another
possibility is taller bookcases than the ones you have.

My dream home would have a large library with a 20 foot ceiling and
lined with
shelves (and a rolling ladder!)
Better still would be to have the Morgan Libary in NYC as my own private
library!

My wife keeps asking me when I am going to stop buying books. We have
about 70 odd bookcases in the house. There are one or more (usually
considerably more) bookcases in almost every room of the house. We are
just about done refinishing a nice 3-section 8 foot high mahogany
bookcase that a retiring down the hall from my office gave me. I do
have some high ceilings, but I have not gone over eight feet yet.

LOL! I did just get a book re bibliomania, among other things.
My daughter is making noises about how I shouldn't buy books.
Yeah, right. I am somewhat pleased to find that I have some
duplicates though. Maybe I will sell them. Or trade them.

--
Jean B.
Old May 11th 11, 03:03 AM posted to rec.collecting.books
Francis A. Miniter[_2_]

"Francis A. wrote in message
[...]

Yes, I have been culling out duplicates with the so far
announced intention of selling them. They have made it - so
far - to boxes in alphabetical order. No immediate plans to
sell them, however.

--
Francis A. Miniter

In dem Lande der Pygmäen
gibt es keine Uniformen,
weder Abzeichen, noch irgend welche Normen,
Und Soldaten sind dort nicht zu sehen.

Siegfried von Vegesack, "Es gibt keine Uniformen"
from In dem Lande der Pygmäen
Old May 11th 11, 03:52 PM posted to rec.collecting.books
Jean B.

"Francis A. wrote in message
[...]

Yes, I am culling the duplicates, but I expect it will be quite
some time before I get any farther with this. I was quite worried
about getting all of one category of books into three huge
bookcases, so I was actually pleased to find those duplicates!

--
Jean B.

Sometimes the luck finds me... Jim Seymour Coins 3 May 8th 07 01:59 AM
Roll Finds JP Coins 3 October 7th 05 11:14 AM
finds BookEditions Books 2 June 8th 04 03:22 AM
Today's finds Bill Krummel Coins 4 March 5th 04 04:52 PM