How the White House deletes the truth!

Old November 5th 03, 10:13 PM
Steve Walker

Default How the White House deletes the truth!

Greerson Habber wrote:
PRESIDENT BUSH blames the media for filtering out good news on
Iraq. He says he does not even read newspapers. "The best way to get

the
news is from objective sources," Bush said in a Fox News interview.

"And
the most objective sources I have are people on my staff who tell me
what's happening in the world."

And because they're hand-picked to agree with his warped view, he never
hears anything that helps him grasp how it's all going horribly
wrong.......

Old November 5th 03, 10:23 PM
Zoso

Are the same people who are telling him what's going on in
the world the same people who told him Iraq had WMDs?

If that's the case I guess we can expect another disaster
like the Iraq war sometime before the next election.

"Greerson Habber" wrote in message
11/5 - How the White House deletes the truth

How the White House deletes the truth

By Derrick Z. Jackson, 11/5/2003

PRESIDENT BUSH blames the media for filtering out good news on
Iraq. He
says he does not even read newspapers. "The best way to get the
news is
from objective sources," Bush said in a Fox News interview. "And
the
most objective sources I have are people on my staff who tell me
what's
happening in the world."

This is the same president who erases history itself.

Bush's desire for us to become ostriches over the deaths and
wounding of
American soldiers in Iraq -- 379 dead and 2,155 hurt at last
count -- is
but one more pathological act in sticking all of America into
the sand.
Bush severely limited access to the presidential papers of his
father.
Vice President Dick Cheney erected an iron curtain around his
energy
task force. Hundreds of Muslim immigrants were detained without
due
process and with no evidence they were involved in the terrorist
attacks
of Sept. 11, 2001. The administration wiped out parts of an
Environmental Protection Agency report that specifically tied
human
activities to global warming.

Bush has his eraser out again. The Justice Department recently
released
a commissioned report on diversity among its attorneys. Half of
its 186
pages were blacked out.

The Bush administration made sure to filter in the good news in
the
report. The federal government, regardless of which party is in
power,
has long been more inviting to people of color at the entry
level than
the private sector. The Justice Department is no different. Its
attorney
work force is 15 percent of color and 38 percent women, compared
to 12
percent and 30 percent, respectively, in the national legal
labor pool.

The blacked-out pages betray a Justice Department that does not
want
America to know what happens after people are hired. The full
report is
available on a Web site called the Memory Hole, which
electronically
lifted the blacked-out sections. Among the conclusions of the
full
report we

* "When controlling for component, grade, and salary, we found
that the
average minority is currently residing approximately one- third
step
lower than the average white and the average woman is currently
residing
approximately one-half step lower than the average man. These
effects
are statistically significant."

* "Race and gender combine for a particularly strong negative
effect of
identity for minority women."

* "Section chiefs are an extremely critical element of the
department's
diversity climate. They have significant authority in
recruitment,
hiring, promotion, performance appraisal, case assignment, and
career
development. The section chief work force is not diverse, and
turnover
is low. This pattern, combined with the generally low attention
that
these managers pay to staff career development, leads minorities
perceive a lack of advancement opportunities."

The sections on "stereotyping," "racial and gender tension,"
"harassment
behavior," and "mentoring," were completely blacked out. Asked if
employees felt free to "express differences that may be due to
different
cultural backgrounds," 83 percent of white men and 73 percent of
white
women said yes. Only 56 percent of men of color and 42 percent
of women
of color said yes.

Deleted was this statement: "More than 40 percent of racial
minorities
participating in the study believe that stereotyping of
minorities
having limited abilities is a problem. Further analysis shows
that an
actual majority (51 percent) of nonwhite women hold this belief.
Although we do not know the extent to which this belief is based
on
actual differential treatment of people, it clearly represents a
barrier
to the goal of creating an environment where all members feel
equally
valued and able to contribute."

An further analysis provides an even more deeper divide. While
only 13
percent of white attorneys at the Justice Department say people
of color
are stereotyped, 60 percent of African-American lawyers say
attorneys of
color "are often stereotyped here."

Deleted was a paragraph that showed that about 20 percent of
lawyers of
color say they have personally experienced racial harassment at
the
department. Deleted was the fact that only 53 percent of
attorneys of
color felt that the promotion process was fair with respect to
color
compared with 87 percent of white attorneys. Deleted was the
fact that
60 percent of women felt that the promotion process was fair with
regards to gender, compared with 81 percent of men.

Deleted was the fact that only 45 percent of attorneys of color,
compared with 74 percent of white lawyers, "feel that
assignments I
receive, and management decisions about my career development,
have been
made without regard to my race/gender/ ethnic origin."

With all these deletions, it was no surprise that all nine pages
of
"Recommendations" were blacked out. Hear no problem, see no
problem,
solve no problem. Bush blames the media when he is bringing back
memories of Nixon erasing tapes. The administration deleted the
data on
global warming. It blacked out diversity reports. It disappears
immigrants. With a war built on falsehoods failing with fatal
consequences, Bush now wants to disappear the media. It is all
part of
Bush erasing you.

http://tinyurl.com/tqnh

Old November 6th 03, 02:12 AM
Grandpa

FWIW, you're feeding a crossposting troll - BTW, I deleted the other NGs
from the reply list so this post will only show here.

Old November 6th 03, 04:40 AM
Julian D.

On 5 Nov 2003 22:09:48 -0000, er
(Greerson Habber) wrote:

11/5 - How the White House deletes the truth

How the White House deletes the truth

By Derrick Z. Jackson, 11/5/2003

PRESIDENT BUSH blames the media for filtering out good news on
Iraq. He
says he does not even read newspapers. "The best way to get the
news is
from objective sources," Bush said in a Fox News interview. "And
the
most objective sources I have are people on my staff who tell me
what's
happening in the world."

This is the same president who erases history itself.

Bush's desire for us to become ostriches over the deaths and
wounding of
American soldiers in Iraq -- 379 dead and 2,155 hurt at last

Got to cut in. Since when did the left, especially recently, ever
give a rat's ass about our troops?
If I recall correctly, those on the left were accusing our troops of
murdering innocents. Of killing women and children in Iraq.
If anything, to the left, the death of those 379 would seem to be just
punishment.

[...]

JD

"We know that he has stored secret supplies of biological and
chemical weapons throughout his country."
-Al Gore, Sept. 23, 2002

"We are in possession of what I think to be compelling evidence that Saddam Hussein has,
and has had for a number of years, a developing capacity for the production and storage
of weapons of mass destruction. "[W]ithout question, we need to disarm Saddam Hussein. He
is a brutal, murderous dictator, leading an oppressive regime ... He presents a particularly
grievous threat because he is so consistently prone to miscalculation. And now he has continued
deceit and his consistent grasp for weapons of mass destruction ... So the threat of Saddam Hussein
with weapons of mass destruction is real ...
-Sen. John F. Kerry (D, MA), Jan. 23. 2003

"In the four years since the inspectors left, intelligence
reports show that Saddam Hussein has worked to rebuild his
chemical and biological weapons stock, his missile
delivery capability, and his nuclear program. He has also
given aid, comfort, and sanctuary to terrorists,
including Al Qaeda members..."
---- Hillary Clinton, Oct 10, 2002

"Some have said we must not act until the threat is imminent. Since when have terrorists and
tyrants announced their intentions, politely putting us on notice before they strike?
If this threat is permitted to fully and suddenly emerge, all actions, all words and all recriminations
would come too late."
-President George W. Bush
January 28, 2003
(Another liberal lie exposed.)
Old November 6th 03, 05:03 AM
Bimbo Klot

"Steve Walker" wrote in message
Greerson Habber wrote:
PRESIDENT BUSH blames the media for filtering out good news on
Iraq. He says he does not even read newspapers. "The best way to get

the
news is from objective sources," Bush said in a Fox News interview.

"And
the most objective sources I have are people on my staff who tell me
what's happening in the world."

And because they're hand-picked to agree with his warped view, he never
hears anything that helps him grasp how it's all going horribly
wrong.......

And you have an inside track, right? A mole in there giving you all this
info? Yet you have so much to do right there in you own little home country.
How courageous of you to take on ours as well!

Old November 9th 03, 03:43 AM
Bimbo Klot

"Tracy Barber" wrote in message

On Wed, 5 Nov 2003 15:23:10 -0700, "Zoso" wrote:

Are the same people who are telling him what's going on in
the world the same people who told him Iraq had WMDs?

If that's the case I guess we can expect another disaster
like the Iraq war sometime before the next election.

That, and another pointless cross-post to a non-political newsgroup...

Tracy Barber

And another pointless cross-post about cross posting, and getting pretty
tiresome. You don't like it? Don't read it.

And another cry about pointless cross-post about cross posting, and
getting pretty tiresome. You don't like it? Don't cross-post it.

Tracy Barber

Don't you ever become weary of displaying your inanity? Incidentally, since
you removed RCSD from the newsgroup field, and I responded to your post in
SCI, has it occured to you that my post wasn't cross-posted? Apparently not.
Once again, your own worst enemy. You have a learning disability, don't you?