News: Ten NASA Coins - Bill Passed

Old July 21st 08, 04:13 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
JZrarities

Default News: Ten NASA Coins - Bill Passed

http://www.numismaster.com/ta/numis/...ArticleId=4947

Old July 21st 08, 04:24 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Jud

Wonder if the set includes the sun and 8 planets, or if Pluto is
included!
Old July 21st 08, 06:03 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Jon Purkey

On Sun, 20 Jul 2008 21:13:32 -0600, "JZrarities"
wrote:

http://www.numismaster.com/ta/numis/...ArticleId=4947

Glad to hear it passed. Hopefully the Senate will pass it also.

I plan to buy at least the Earth and Pluto dollars if the designs are
decent.
Old July 22nd 08, 12:37 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Paul Ciszek

wrote:

http://www.numismaster.com/ta/numis/...ArticleId=4947

Glad to hear it passed. Hopefully the Senate will pass it also.

I plan to buy at least the Earth and Pluto dollars if the designs are
decent.

We need to start a petition threatening to boycott the series if they
don't include Pluto as a planet.

--
Please reply to: | President Bush is promoting Peace and Democracy
pciszek at panix dot com | in the Middle East by selling Weapons to the
Old July 22nd 08, 02:03 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Jim Seymour[_2_]

Paul Ciszek wrote:
wrote:

http://www.numismaster.com/ta/numis/...ArticleId=4947

Glad to hear it passed. Hopefully the Senate will pass it also.

I plan to buy at least the Earth and Pluto dollars if the designs
are decent.

We need to start a petition threatening to boycott the series if they
don't include Pluto as a planet.

No, we should start a petition threatening to boycott the series if they
don't also include Ceres, Makemake, and Eris. :-)

--
Jim Seymour
Old July 22nd 08, 05:49 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Jon Purkey

On Tue, 22 Jul 2008 01:03:28 GMT, Jim Seymour
wrote:

Paul Ciszek wrote:
wrote:

http://www.numismaster.com/ta/numis/...ArticleId=4947

Glad to hear it passed. Hopefully the Senate will pass it also.

I plan to buy at least the Earth and Pluto dollars if the designs
are decent.

We need to start a petition threatening to boycott the series if they
don't include Pluto as a planet.

No, we should start a petition threatening to boycott the series if they
don't also include Ceres, Makemake, and Eris. :-)

You'd probably have about as much with that as the person who tried to
get pre-constitution presidents added to the presidential dollar
series.

BTW, I still think the Mint should make the planet coins sized
relative to the size of the planets. As a full set in a nice case it
would look pretty cool.

Old July 22nd 08, 06:37 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
note.boy

"Jon Purkey" wrote in message
On Tue, 22 Jul 2008 01:03:28 GMT, Jim Seymour
wrote:

Paul Ciszek wrote:
wrote:

http://www.numismaster.com/ta/numis/...ArticleId=4947

Glad to hear it passed. Hopefully the Senate will pass it also.

I plan to buy at least the Earth and Pluto dollars if the designs
are decent.

We need to start a petition threatening to boycott the series if they
don't include Pluto as a planet.

No, we should start a petition threatening to boycott the series if they
don't also include Ceres, Makemake, and Eris. :-)

You'd probably have about as much with that as the person who tried to
get pre-constitution presidents added to the presidential dollar
series.

BTW, I still think the Mint should make the planet coins sized
relative to the size of the planets. As a full set in a nice case it
would look pretty cool.

A fork lift would come in handy. Billy

Old July 22nd 08, 08:51 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Paul Ciszek

In article ,
note.boy wrote:

BTW, I still think the Mint should make the planet coins sized
relative to the size of the planets. As a full set in a nice case it
would look pretty cool.

A fork lift would come in handy. Billy

And if the "Sun" coin were made to be liftable, then the "Mercury" and
"Pluto" coins would present an inhalation hazard.

Old July 22nd 08, 09:22 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
note.boy

"Paul Ciszek" wrote in message

In article ,
note.boy wrote:

BTW, I still think the Mint should make the planet coins sized
relative to the size of the planets. As a full set in a nice case it
would look pretty cool.

A fork lift would come in handy. Billy

And if the "Sun" coin were made to be liftable, then the "Mercury" and
"Pluto" coins would present an inhalation hazard.

--
Please reply to: | President Bush is promoting Peace and
Democracy
pciszek at panix dot com | in the Middle East by selling Weapons to the
Autoreply is disabled | King of Saudi Arabia.

Not to be picky but the sun is not a planet it's a star. Billy

did we miss that ingmar berman passed, or that bill walsh- a real legend- also passed ? barefoot Autographs 10 August 3rd 07 10:04 AM
Bill Hootkins passed Sue H Autographs 1 October 25th 05 06:15 PM
50th anniversary NASA/JPL commemorative coin bill passes house stonej Coins 12 July 16th 05 02:24 AM
Sad News - Tim Prusmack has passed away EdKuszmar Paper Money 5 January 28th 04 01:42 PM
Sad News - Tim Prusmack has passed away EdKuszmar Coins 9 January 28th 04 01:40 AM