Any other rcc-ers with the same problem?...

Old July 1st 08, 08:25 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
gogu[_7_]

Default Any other rcc-ers with the same problem?...

This is a mail I've sent to eBay today, please read and you'll understand;-)
--------------
Gentlemen!
Enough is enough!
I don't know why but about every month I receive the same stupid e-mail from
you, "...your eBay account may have recently become compromised..." bla bla
bla and I can't access my account until I am not following the same stupid
routine of resetting my password!
I am a grown child, I use 10 firewalls and 30 anti-virus programs, I am not
giving my passwords to others, etc, so PLEASE stop harassing me with this
stupid procedure!
My account is very well thank you, I can't understand why I have to go
through the same, stupid process every 30 days or so!
Enough is enough!
------------
Any other rcc-ers with the same problem?

Thanks!

Old July 1st 08, 09:02 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
MJKolodziej

"gogu" wrote in message
[...]

No.
I hate to ask but is it possible that the letter was not from eBay and you
have given your password to a phishing scam?
mk

Old July 1st 08, 09:05 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Voltronicus

On Jul 1, 3:25*pm, "gogu" wrote:
Any other rcc-ers with the same problem?

No, most rcc-ers can spot a phishing scam from a mile away.
You, on the other hand, can not.
Old July 1st 08, 11:28 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Robert[_8_]

gogu wrote:
[...]

Looks like you got yourself hooked to a phishing scheme. Ebay does not
send out that sort of message.
Old July 1st 08, 11:46 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Bruce Farley

Did you go to eBay and check to see if the message was in your "My
Messages"?
I fit was not, and I am sure it not, you were being phished and
hopefully you didn't reply.
EBay never sends you a generic message, they always use you name.
Bruce

Old July 2nd 08, 03:52 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
don't look

gogu wrote:

[...]

The only time I've ever gotten something like this it was a phishing scam.
Is this guy serious or just a troll? Anyone who has had any kind of online
account gets warnings that these things are never sent out by legit
companies. I say Troll.

Old July 2nd 08, 09:03 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
gogu[_7_]

Ο "MJKolodziej" έγραψε στο μήνυμα

"gogu" wrote in message
[...]

No, it was from eBay, after changing my password the message was also in my
eBay inbox...

Old July 2nd 08, 09:05 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
gogu[_7_]

? "Voltronicus" ?????? ??? ??????
On Jul 1, 3:25 pm, "gogu" wrote:
Any other rcc-ers with the same problem?

No, most rcc-ers can spot a phishing scam from a mile away.
You, on the other hand, can not.

What a smart a**!
If you have nothing useful to contribute, please stay away!
We have enough idiots and trolls in rcc, we don't need one more!

Old July 2nd 08, 09:07 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
gogu[_7_]

Ο "Robert" έγραψε στο μήνυμα
. ..
gogu wrote:
[...]

???
What's with you boys?!
I am more than 8 years with eBay and I know how to spot a phising e-mail!
NO, NO, NO!
The message was genuine, it was also in my inbox in my eBay account!
ebay also answered my question and admited it was a gebuine message!
What te f***k, I am not new on eBay!

Old July 2nd 08, 09:09 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
gogu[_7_]

? "Bruce Farley" ?????? ??? ??????
Did you go to eBay and check to see if the message was in your "My
Messages"?

YES Bruce!
After I reset my password of course, because it was unabled as the message
said!

I fit was not, and I am sure it not, you were being phished and hopefully
you didn't reply.

IT WAS THERE!
It was a genuine e-mail!

EBay never sends you a generic message, they always use you name.

???
I naver said it was a generic e-mail!
It was a *specific* e-mail, using my real name!
So it was clearly from eBay and it happened about 3 times, once every month!
I *think* I have an explanation but I am not sure...

Bruce

gogu wrote:

[...]

PLEASE HELP!! MM3 Problem sambora Juke Boxes 1 May 3rd 08 12:17 AM
Help with a problem qfwfq Coins 2 January 9th 08 11:58 AM
AMI I 200 Problem [email protected] Juke Boxes 3 June 19th 07 05:59 AM
Problem with r.c.c.? [email protected] Coins 6 March 24th 05 03:36 AM
Problem s Vinkjm Paper Money 1 November 13th 03 01:33 PM